Design Engineer 1
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Create designs of aircraft interior products ranging from but not limited to: bins, galleys, lavatories, or ceiling panels used in commercial and private aircrafts using a computer aided drafting system and support existing designs of products which are manufactured on site. While creating new designs, considerations of certification, composites/general material selection due to weight restrictions in aircraft, and ease of manufacturing is necessary. Product designs range from basic interiors products used in regional aircraft and commercial airlines, to first class and high end private jets products.
Summary of Duties:
- • Produce innovative, intelligent designs for production in a timely manner with respect to the project schedule, while optimizing ease of manufacturing, cost, weight, and function.
- • Design to mandatory regulatory requirements, customer and company specifications.
- • Produce accurate 3D models, preliminary layouts, production details and assembly drawings while meeting drawing release dates.
- • Prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of the product and data submittal to the customer.
- • Produce ECNs (Engineering Change Notice) as required to support manufacturing, customers, quality, and certification.
- • Release 3D models and drawings, maintaining data integrity according to CDE1002 and CDE1004.
- • Act as a shop liaison during initial production of new product designs to prevent and/or solve any engineering issue that may arise.
- • Collaborate with Supply Chain to examine supplier lead times, costs and availability for parts and tooling necessary to manufacture the product being designed.
Education: BS Engineering/Science, Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred or 2-Yr Technical degree and 3-5 YOE in design engineering
- • 3 years engineering experience.
- • Sound understanding of mechanical systems, the strength of available materials, and manufacturing processes (composite experience is a plus).
- • Basic understanding of tolerances and their implications;
- • Basic understanding of airframe environment, interfaces, airworthiness and regulatory requirements for passenger aircraft;
- • MS Windows. CATIA V5, SmarTeam are preferred. AutoCAD is useful.
- • Basic knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- • All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of Safran's products.
- • As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
- • Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division.
- • Duties listed above are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required. The Company may modify responsibilities as needed to meet business and organizational needs.
Description: Entry-level position within field.
ID: DLAV - 79175
Specificity of the job
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment Status may be part-time, full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling is required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Design Engineering ManagerPublished on 12/05/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Passenger and Crew Experience
Stress Engineer ManagerPublished on 12/04/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Passenger and Crew Experience
Design Engineer 2Published on 12/03/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Passenger and Crew Experience