Design Engineer 2 (Aerospace Monument Design)
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Create designs of aircraft interior products ranging from but not limited to: bins, galleys, lavatories, or ceiling panels used in commercial and private aircrafts using a computer aided drafting system and support existing designs of products which are manufactured on site. While creating new designs, considerations of certification, composites/general material selection due to weight restrictions in aircraft, and ease of manufacturing is necessary. Product designs range from basic interiors products used in regional aircraft and commercial airlines, to first class and high end private jets products.
Summary of Duties:
- • Produce innovative designs, 3D models and 2D drawings of aircraft interior products within technical specification and project requirements
- • Work closely with senior design engineers to complete engineering deliverables per project schedule and budget
- • Create 3D models and 2D drawings that meet the Safran design standards using Safran processes and documentations
- • With guidance from senior design engineers, incorporate design to cost practices to ensure that project design cost targets are met
- • With guidance from senior design engineers, coordinate with other department to ensure that designs and drawings incorporate inputs from all disciplines
- • Provide engineering support during production to solve technical issues
- • Work with senior design engineers to leverage Safran Cabin standard parts and designs in product development
- • Follow 3D models and 2D drawings all the way from creation through release to ensure project schedules are met
- • Maintain status of tasks and progress of work in Safran Engineering task management tool
- • Other duties may be assigned
Summary of Duties:
- • Produce innovative, intelligent designs for production in a timely manner with respect to the project schedule, while optimizing ease of manufacturing, cost, weight, and function.
- • Design to mandatory regulatory requirements, customer and company specifications.
- • Produce accurate 3D models, preliminary layouts, production details and assembly drawings while meeting drawing release dates.
- • Prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of the product and data submittal to the customer.
- • Produce ECNs (Engineering Change Notice) as required to support manufacturing, customers, quality, and certification.
- • Release 3D models and drawings, maintaining data integrity according to CDE1002 and CDE1004.
- • Act as a shop liaison during initial production of new product designs to prevent and/or solve any engineering issue that may arise.
- • Collaborate with Supply Chain to examine supplier lead times, costs and availability for parts and tooling necessary to manufacture the product being designed.
- • Verify, check and sign off on Program co-workers' engineering drawings.
- • Specify parts and materials under guidance from the Project Engineer.
Education: BS Engineering/Science OR 2-Yr Technical degree with 2-3 Yrs experience in design engineering
- • 3 years engineering experience.
- • Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures in design engineering
- • Ability to check design intent
- • Understand and apply modular and design standardization concepts
- • Ability to analyze root cause for any engineering issues
- • Ability to communicate design concepts through hand sketches
- • Understanding of aircraft trim and finish practices.
- • MS Windows.
- • Basic knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- • CATIA V5, SmarTeam are preferred.
- • AutoCAD is useful.
Description: Intermediate-level position within field.
Specificity of the job
- • All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of Zodiac Aerospace's products.
- • As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
- • Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division.
- • Duties listed above are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required. The Company may modify responsibilities as needed to meet business and organizational needs.
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment Status may be part-time, full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling may be required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. #LI-KO1
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin.
Design Engineer 4Published on 02/24/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Project Engineer 2Published on 02/18/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Design Engineer 3Published on 02/18/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering