Director, Health, Safety & Environmental
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Director, Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) manages and coordinates HSE across Cabin Branch to develop HSE culture, management system and consolidated reporting to Cabin leadership, ensuring all regulatory provisions and Safran Group reference systems are being applied. They also manage the creation and implementation of the HSE improvement plans and advise and support site management and operational staff to promote employee health, safety and environmental performance.
This role has specific HSE oversight for Cabin ergonomics activities and will drive global coordination and deployment of global HSE initiatives and systems.
Summary of Duties:
- • Ensure all regulatory provisions and the Safran Group reference systems are being applied:
o Carry out regulatory and legal monitoring
o Ensure regulatory registers (including the 'comprehensive assessment') are properly kept and regularly checked
o Ensure operational staff take HSE obligations into account
o Update the list of HSE qualified and/or accredited staff
o Implement monitoring and reporting methods adapted to local circumstances
o Manage and/or carry out HSE audits and inspections
o Suggest, review and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- • Manage the creation and implementation of the local HSE improvement plans:
o Ensure local HSE policy is being applied
o Suggest areas of improvement and local improvement initiatives
o In liaison with operational staff, establish HSE action plans to achieve set objectives and targets
o Monitor the application of action plans
o Manage a portfolio of HSE improvement projects
- • Advise and support site management and operational staff on all HSE and related activities:
o Help establish and coordinate the HSE training plan
o Oversee Cabin ergonomics program
o Initiate communication and awareness initiatives
o Establish and update all documentation relating to the HSE Management System
o Ensure HSE documents are properly managed and disseminated
o Take part in analyses and surveys
o Facilitate and oversee incident investigations, root cause analyses and closure of corrective action plans
o Champion initiatives that identify and communicate facility risk exposure, prioritize risk reduction needs, and ensure closure of recommendations to reduce risk.
o Suggest and organize emergency drills
o Prepare the management review
o Provide information for Safran Group HSE reporting
Summary of Duties (continued):
- • Direct HSE oversight and support to global activities and Safran Cabin initiatives:
o Help establish and coordinate HSE training and development for HSE Managers.
o Conduct HSE audits and support implementation of HSE improvement plans.
o Support all HSE compliance activities.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- • 10 or more years of experience with at least 5 year of leadership responsibility.
- • Possesses solid working knowledge of HSE/Safety.
- • Experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- • Comprehensive knowledge of employer policies, procedures and practices.
- • Performs complex tasks.
- • Leads and directs the work of other employees and/or supervisors.
- • Provides leadership, coaching and/or mentoring to subordinates.
- • Demonstrated experience with multi-site oversight and auditing management systems.
- • Experience with the following: OSHA, EPA, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, Business Continuity Planning, “Green” Manufacturing, LEAN concepts, LEED Design, Six Sigma, TSCA, EPCRA, Workers Compensation, Ergonomics
- • Up to 20% travel is expected for this role.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • 10+ years of experience in an HSE capacity
- • French language skills or other multilingual capabilities
- • Advanced Degree
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) ManagerPublished on 05/13/2021Cypress, United States Regular Full time Health & Safety, Environment
Health, Safety & Environmental ManagerPublished on 04/28/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Health & Safety, Environment
Production SupervisorPublished on 05/17/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair