Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Leads the engineering and production departments with respect to the manufacturing of aircraft interior products by solving manufacturing issues and reducing the time to manufacture products with the implementation of time saving measures. The Manufacturing Engineer supervisor will ensure the quality, integrity and certification properties of products manufactured is maintained or improved.
Summary of Duties:
- • Supervises a team of Manufacturing Engineering personnel in the development, implementation and evaluation of manufacturing processes, methods, tools and/or equipment.
- • Supervise the coordination between departments in the resolution of design and quality issues through root cause analysis and corrective action.
- • Supervise Manufacturing Engineers in the detailed planning of manufacturing sequences and operating instructions for production personnel.
- • Provides guidance and leadership in establishing logical approaches for Manufacturing Engineers to solve complex manufacturing problems.
- • Analyzes engineering design documents, prototypes and/or engineering change orders and determines what equipment tooling, materials, method of manufacturing and facilities are required to produce a particular product in scheduled quantities and that the lowest cost consistent within quality specifications.
- • Works concurrently with designers to recommend the best product configuration for lowest manufacturing cost.
- • Creates tools, fixtures and methods to reduce cycle time of manufactured of procured parts or assemblies
- • Recommends improved manufacturing processes or methods
- • Evaluates and resolved design related production problems
- • Supervise, mentor and guide Manufacturing Engineering in the planning and execution of Manufacturing Engineering department tasks and projects.
- • Manage multiple development and \improvement projects in support of manufacturing operations.
- • Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
ID: DGAL – 76824
Education: Bachelor's Degree in related technical field or equivalent number of years of experience or combination of experience and education, plus
Experience: 3-5 years of related experience in a similar manufacturing environment
- • Intermediate knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- • Effective oral and written communications skills
- • Ability to read and analyze technical drawings
- • Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
- • Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
- • 1 or more years of previous management/leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
Description: Senior level position within field.
Specificity of the job
Less than 10%
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
PainterPublished on 10/13/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Quality Engineer 4Published on 09/16/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Assembler IPublished on 10/16/2019Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair