Professional, Engineer & Manager
The planning manager will lead a team of planning professionals and will be responsible for all aspects of scheduling, planning and inventory activities. Some key areas of activities include: developing a production plan, plan work flow and schedules, monitor status and ensure customer delivery requirements and sales and operations planning(S&OP). Also, the planning manager is responsible for the accuracy of all items within the business system that have an impact on company-wide financial reporting.
Summary of Duties:
- •Implement, execute and maintain world class strategies for planning, scheduling, inventory and customer satisfaction.
- •Oversee production planning and management activities within the business unit.
- •Develop production plan, budget and timeliness according to production specifications.
- •Determine production requirements based on plant capacity and production specifications.
- •Communication of needs and objectives to the planning team along with training, developing, mentoring and assisting team members is essential.
- •Plan work flow and schedules for production departments.
- •Monitor production status and ensure timely delivery.
- •Identify delays and accordingly adjust schedules to meet deadlines.
- •Establishes and maintains premier customer service.
- •Assist in production risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- •Planning Manager manages planners to ensure they:
- •Analyze engineering documents and generate bills of materials (BOM) accordingly
- •Plan all materials on dock at kit due dates and deliver requisitions on time to purchasing
- •Release & order work orders for in house fabrication and assembly parts.
- •Maintain inventory levels to meet company goals
- •Approving/analyzing drawings in CCB.
- •Maintain engineering revision control.
- •Generate work order (WO) instructions in coordination with production & quality
- •Ensure accuracy of all pertinent data used in the company ERP system
- •Meeting customer requirements
- •Responsible for continuous improvements within the planning, scheduling and inventory functions. May also extend to suppliers and customers.
- •Provides leadership by promoting team concepts, coaching, counseling, retaining, mentoring, training, talent management, and individual development. Drives a culture of accountability and results through strategy deployment and effective performance management.
- •Execute working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and all the applicable tools used for materials management.
- •Evaluate current production processes and recommend improvements
- •Strong working knowledge of sales and operating planning (S&OP) processes
- •Adhere to established communication protocol, including the promotion of regular conference calls, WebEx and meetings to communicate and/or evaluate current performance and improvement plans.
- •Some travelling may also be required from time to time.
Education: Bachelor's degree
- •5 years of experience in progressive planning, scheduling and inventory management experience in aerospace, automotive or mechanical manufacturing environment with the ability to lead and influence others.
- •2-5 years of experience leading teams
- •Experience working with MRP/ERP systems
- •Basic knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- •Strong written and verbal business communications abilities, must be comfortable delivering information to all levels of the organization including senior leadership.
- •Working knowledge of business finance skills and abilities
- •Understanding of S&OP, planning, scheduling and inventory management
- •Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- •Bachelor's degree in supply chain, business management or operations
- •APICS CPIM and/or ISM certifications
- •Experience in AS/ISO standards quality management experience.
- •Problem solving skills (Six Sigma Green Belt, etc…)
ID: DLAV - 76466
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Manufacturing Logistics ManagerPublished on 12/13/2019Cypress, United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Strategic BuyerPublished on 12/10/2019San Diego, United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Senior Analyst, SIOPPublished on 12/06/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Supply chain