Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Program Director has program performance and P&L responsibility for a very large complex program. The Program Director will have direct responsibility for program and/or project managers assigned to him/her. The role provides leadership to a very large matrixed cross functional integrated program team (IPT) which is geographically dispersed, across many countries. This role drives continuous improvement using company root cause and corrective action processes. The Program Director is responsible for delivering the program objectives, including managing program performance, risks/opportunities, and change control according to internal rules, processes and procedures. The Program Director will report to Cabin Division Leader. The Program Director serves as the Customer(s) primary Point of Contact (POC).
Summary of Duties:
- • Responsibility, Authority and full Accountability, including P&L, for the
- • Responsible for the overall financial performance of the program
- • Maintain the Business Case for the entire program life cycle
- • Monitor and control program Non Recurring Expenses (NRE)
- • Ensure profitability through Design To Cost (DTC) management
- • Strong emphasis on Scope Control and Change Management
- • Update program financials & determine root cause & corrective actions for
- • Apply earn value management to development program activities
- • Implement lean principle & root cause corrective actions to reduce variances
- • Program bid, planning & control
- • Ensure proper estimation of non-recurrent & recurring costs targets
- • Review customer requirements technical compliance matrix
- • Create & maintain the program management plan
- • Lead develop, maintenance of the program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- • Analyze and prioritize tasks on the Critical Path throughout the program life cycle
- • Support the S&OP meetings and coordinate the program medium to long range planning
- • Ensure previous lessons learned are incorporated into program planning and control
- • Identify & manage program stakeholders (internal & external)
- • Perform and maintain program risk & opportunity assessment ( quantitative and qualitative)
- • Review the customer contract compliance and control scope
- • Develop strategic plans to grow and extend the life of the program
- • Primary Point of Contact with customer over the entire program life cycle
- • Communicate to customer the commitments of the BU
- • Develop negotiation plans, and ensure successful negotiation results
- • Ability to develop executive level presentations, and conduct program progress reviews
- • Report to the customer a progress status of the program, compliant with their follow up expectations
- • Lead internal and customer milestone gate reviews ( e.g. PDR, CDR, PRR, etc)
- • Capture and communicate lessons learned
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- • Typically requires 20 years of leadership experience with 10-12 years of
- • Experience with lean principles and continuous improvement.
- • Expert knowledge of program management methodologies and proven ability
Computer Skills: Proficient with MS Project, competent with MS Office programs.
- • Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- • Ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- • Strong leadership and organizational skills, ability to analyze & summarize
- • Demonstrated ability to deliver against key milestones and cost targets.
- • Emotionally resilient and able to drive projects effectively for excellence
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Project Management certification (e.g. PMI PMP) is highly desirable.
- • Degree in Engineering preferred.
- • Advanced degree preferred
- • Oversee assigned Project Manager(s) and IPT work package leaders
- • Build strong teams, and facilitate conflict resolution
- • Set program priorities and provide strategic guidance on day-to-day program issues
- • Establish program governance, including program key performance indicators (KPIs) & conduct weekly program review
- • Monitor KPIs, including earn value management indicator, and ensure variances are addressed in a timely manner
- • Provide annual performance review input for IPT resources to functional leadership
- • Monitor problem solving and ensure root cause corrective action and recovery plan is defined & executed
- • Facilitate conflict resolution and provide coaching to IPT members
- • Prepare and lead IPT meetings with the IPT ( program reviews, working groups, etc)
- • Strong ability to lead by influence
- • Serve as primary liaison with Executive Management
- • Prepare and present executive level program reviews
- • Provide the Voice of the Customer (VoC)
- • Implement flow down of “corporate directives” to IPT
- • Report roadblocks, execution gaps to leadership with a recommendation to resolve the issue(s)
- • Provide strategic guidance from an operational perspective
- • Drive root cause & corrective actions to ensure timely resolution
- • Lead the implementation of common processes and the deployment of corporate standard Program Management initiatives within the program
- • Risk & opportunity Management
- • Responsible for managing and controlling risks & opportuniti
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Project Engineer 2Published on 10/17/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Programs
Project Engineer 1Published on 10/09/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Programs
Program DirectorPublished on 09/10/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Programs