Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Proposal Engineer II is responsible for leading the creation of robust proposals for Safran Cabin OEM programs. Proposal creation consists of generating a preliminary product design, defining this design in a concise manner, gathering and understanding the required scope of work to develop the design, and accurately estimating the cost (both recurring and non-recurring) for this design. The Proposal engineer will need to work with the program, engineer and manufacturing departments to develop a proposal. The proposal engineer will need to stay up to date on market trends and key products. The proposal engineer will need to have a strong technical background along with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- • Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university is required.
- • 3+ years of Engineering experience
- • Experience in the design of internal aircraft structures.
3-5 years of relevant experience (customer account manager, marketing assistant, controller assistant)
- • B.S. in business, mathematics, or economics
- • Experience in an aerospace environment, preferably aircraft interiors or systems, or in business development of technical products.
- • Strong computer skills MS Office, AutoCAD®, and CATIA V5.
- • Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills.
- • A proactive, team-player mentality and a desire for continuous improvement.
- • Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and re-prioritize quickly based on latest information
- • Ability to meet quick deadlines and/or assist when support is needed to meet a quick deadline.
- • Desire for excellence in the workplace.
ID: DOTH - 76520
- • Coordinate activities between programs, manufacturing and engineering to create a proposal in response to a customer request for quotation
- • Create technical statements of work, design descriptions and other technical documentation to integrate into a proposal
- • Complete preliminary designs for proposed products using available engineering software (CATIA V5, AutoCAD)
- • Complete cost analysis for proposed products
- • Complete pricing analysis based on the predicted cost for a product and internal pricing targets
- • Collect and analyze predicted development engineering hours for proposed products
- • Work with all engineering disciplines to standardize development hours and categorize development programs for consistent proposed engineering hours
- • Maintain forecasting tools
- • Complete independent research to determine key clients to target for ZOII products
- • Investigate cost savings opportunities
- • Provide technical support for the sales team
- • Create presentations to support the sales team with product presentations to customers.
- • Identify opportunities for process improvement and develop processes to implement the identified improvements
Specificity of the job
- • Travel occasionally will be requested with a short lead time to support sales teams
- • Ability to travel approximately 25-50% of the time, both domestically and internationally.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Senior Financial AnalystPublished on 09/11/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
ControllerPublished on 09/12/2019Garden Grove, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
ControllerPublished on 09/10/2019Ontario, United States Regular Full time Finance and management