Quality Engineer 3
Professional, Engineer & Manager
- • Reviews and signs engineering change notices (ECNs) and engineering drawings.
- • Works with the quality control and production personnel to drive the continuous improvement process.
- • Tracks and ensures measuring and testing equipment used within the division is within calibration.
- • Monitors and assists first article inspection (FAI) information system.
- • Writes reports and standard work, performs employee training, and conducts statistical analysis.
- • Ensures production tooling is inspected and conforms to specs prior to use.
- • Approves work orders prior to release to ensure engineering operations are properly documented.
- • Applies purchase order quality clauses to applicable products within an MRP system (Royal IV).
- • Assists corrective action board (CAB) by being a member, provides problem solving / resolution.
- • Performs internal process audits to company specifications.
This position will utilize lean kaizen events to improve a product line by training employees and using quality assurance process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques. The Quality Engineer will design, or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment, analyze production and service limitations and standards, recommend the revision of specifications, and formulate quality assurance policies and procedures. Conduct training on manufacturing quality assurance, lean manufacturing and SPC concepts and tools. The Quality Engineer is the control point for the analysis, reporting and training of a product line. This job reports to the Quality Assurance Manager.
Education: BS degree preferred or equivalent work experience in related fields.
Experience: 8-10 years' experience within the quality environment.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office® programs, Office, and with MRP systems. Advanced Excel skills.
Other Skills: Certified blue print reader. Strong trouble shooting skills and communication skills. Advanced Spreadsheet building and Microsoft Office Skills. Ability to read engineering drawings, specifications and other related literature is necessary. Proficient with general quality systems and with the following internal processes: CDQ, SQUIP, DSQR.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Management experience
- • Quality certification
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Traveling may be required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin.