Senior Design Engineer
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Create designs of aircraft interior products ranging from but not limited to: bins, galleys, lavatories, or ceiling panels used in commercial and private aircrafts using a computer aided drafting system and support existing designs of products which are manufactured on site. While creating new designs, considerations of certification, composites/general material selection due to weight restrictions in aircraft, and ease of manufacturing is necessary. Understanding of full product life cycle is important to support spares requirements and the generation of CMM and IPC's. Product designs range from basic interiors products used in regional aircraft and commercial airlines, to first class and high end private jets products.
Summary of Duties:
- • Produce innovative, intelligent designs for production in a timely manner with respect to the project schedule, while optimizing ease of manufacturing, cost, weight, and function.
- • Design to mandatory regulatory requirements, customer and company specifications.
- • Produce accurate 3D models, preliminary layouts, production details and assembly drawings while meeting drawing release dates.
- • Prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of the product and data submittal to the customer.
- • Produce ECNs (Engineering Change Notice) as required to support manufacturing, customers, quality and certification.
- • Release 3D models and drawings, maintaining data integrity according to CDE1002 and CDE1004.
- • Act as a shop liaison during initial production of new product designs to prevent and/or solve any engineering issue that may arise.
- • Collaborate with Supply Chain to examine supplier lead times, costs and availability for parts and tooling necessary to manufacture the product being designed.
- • Verify, check and sign off on program specific engineering drawings.
- • Check, correct and sign off on CMM's and IPC's to ensure that technical content is in alignment with the project specific requirements.
- • Initiate and lead modular design approach; Control modular design catalogues.
- • Generate a variety of innovative design solutions and concepts when faced with design problems; optimizing design for commonality and modularity.
- • Write and or provide guidance to the creators of technical specification (CDRXXX-117) for purchased critical components.
- • Mentor entry level engineering personnel in fields of expertise.
ID: Bolsa - 76454
Education: BS Engineering
Experience: Minimum 8 years' experience overall in Engineering; 3-5 years in design engineering
- • Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) products.
- • Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures in design engineering.
- • Leads technical aspects of intermediate scale programs and has experience with complex interior design programs, assumes ownership of the product development through maturity.
- • Key focal for Project Engineer.
- • In depth understanding of airworthiness requirements for passenger aircraft interiors.
- • The ability to perform basic structural calculations, an extensive understanding of materials and processes & tool constraints.
- • Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
- • Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering
- • Catia V5 or SmarTeam experience
- • AutoCad experience
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Stress Engineer ManagerPublished on 03/25/2020Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Passenger and Crew Experience
Application Software Engineer, level 2Published on 03/17/2020Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Passenger and Crew Experience
User Experience & Interface DesignerPublished on 03/17/2020Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Passenger and Crew Experience