Stress Engineer Manager
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Stress Engineering Manager (SEM) leads the stress engineer group. The SEM oversees the coordination and management of all the documentation necessary to obtain stress certification of Safran Cabin products. The SEM is the focal point between Safran Cabin and the regulatory authority for stress. The CM reports to the Sr. Manager of Certification.
Summary of Duties:
- • Lead the work of the highly skilled stress staff to achieve product certification objectives.
- • Actively work with the engineering disciplines to ensure that stress document preparation, testing, and reports are completed on schedule and on budget.
- • Review and approve stress reports, test plans and other documents supporting the stress activities.
- • Assists in evaluation of product design and specific stress requirements.
- • Conduct audits of Safran internal processes to ensure compliance OEM and Safran requirements.
- • Ensures budgets and schedules are met.
- • Assists in recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating staff.
- • Makes recommendations, initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
- • Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
- • Assists with bids and estimations of costs for new programs.
Education: Bachelors degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering.
Experience: Minimum of 7 years of experience in Aerospace Structural Analysis and Testing and minimum of 1 year of experience in technical leadership experience.
- • Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access), Database software, Internet software.
- • AutoCAD, Catia, Enovia, SmarTeam, NASTRAN/PATRAN, FEMAP, Microsoft Project desirable
- • Experience working with the FAA, EASA and other Regulatory Agencies
- • Proven ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- • Strong knowledge of classical and numerical methods for the structural analysis of aircraft interiors components
- • Experience coaching and managing a team of engineers including conducting annual performance reviews.
- • Excellent organization and communication skills
- • Business acumen to assist in establishing budgets, providing program health metrics to management, make recommendations for resourcing programs
- • Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally
- • Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills
- • Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals
- • Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- • Ability to develop, implement and monitor corrective action plans
- • Working knowledge of Part 25 Regulations as they pertain to Aircraft Interiors and Materials is preferred
- • Working knowledge of accepted design practices and solutions in Aircraft Industry is preferred
- • FAA/ODA/EASA DOA delegation in Structures highly desirable
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws
Specificity of the job
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment Status will be part-time, full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling may be required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Senior Design EngineerPublished on 04/06/2020Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Passenger and Crew Experience
Application Software Engineer, level 2Published on 03/17/2020Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Passenger and Crew Experience
User Experience & Interface DesignerPublished on 03/17/2020Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Passenger and Crew Experience