Systems Test & Reliability Engineer 3
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Systems Test & Reliability Engineer 3 shall coordinate with other engineering groups to define, plan, analyze, perform, interpret and document tests for aircraft interior products, systems, components and modifications. . Contributes to the development of improvements to overall testing programs. The Systems Test & Reliability Engineer 3 reports to the Systems Test & Reliability Manager.
Summary of Duties:
- • Interacts with team and other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications. Testing covers environmental, operational, accelerated life and dynamic loading of aircraft interior systems and components to substantiate their design requirements, assure product reliability and maturity upon entry into service while optimizing cost, weight, function. Works independently.
- • Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project.
- • Conducts accelerated life cycle tests on mechanical and electromechanical products, at the engineering prototype level for design development purpose, or serial production level towards the qualification/certification of aircraft interior products.
- • Provide technical expertise and gather compliance matrix requirements information during product development reviews for resolution.
- • Provide technical expertise and coaching during product development reviews to ensure compliance matrix requirements are addressed and resolved.
- • Review, coordinate, and conduct certain environmental, operational, or performance tests on electrical and electromechanical products, either experimental, prototype, or serial production aircraft interior products.
- • Works closely and constructively with other departments within the division to gain consensus on the best strategy for the resolution of testing a
Education: BS Degree in Aerospace Engineering or equivalent in a related field (e.g. mechanical) required OR BS Degree in unrelated field + 8 years of experience in Aerospace / Testing Environment.
Experience: 5 to 10 years of related experience in aerospace or mechanical engineering design
- • Good knowledge of common electrical and mechanical design tools.
- • Working knowledge of CATIA V5 & Smarteam
- • Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- • Experience working aircraft OEM
- • Strong knowledge of testing and manufacturing processes used in the aerospace industry
- • Proven ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- • Strong knowledge of testing and certification requirements for common aerospace components and materials
- • Experience coaching a team of test engineers including collaborating with test and engineering management in observation of technical and working relationships.
- • Excellent organization and communication skills
- • Business acumen to assist in understanding budgets, providing project health metrics to management, make recommendations for resourcing programs.
- • Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally.
- • Excellent communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- • Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals.
- • Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- • Ability to develop, implement and monitor corrective action plans
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Master's Degree
- • Familiarity with ERP systems
- • Knowledge of databases
- • Knowledge of Aviation regulatory requirements (FAA, EASA)
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws
Specificity of the job
Travel may be required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Stress Engineer 2Published on 02/21/2020Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Testing
Director, Engineering FlammabilityPublished on 12/17/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Testing
Test Engineer II (C++/Linux)Published on 02/19/2020Brea, United States Regular Full time Testing