Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
A Weights Engineer shall be responsible for creating and maintaining mass property (weight) data/reports and developing solutions to a wide range of mass properties problems.\
Summary of Duties:
- • Write technical weight reports and weight study report to support engineering activities, such as design changes, service bulletins, etc. to evaluate and control weight impact.
- • Evaluate conceptual design of aircraft interior products to meet customer weight target requirements and to minimize weight while maintaining performance within the constraints of the program.
- • Set weight target for the Design/Electrical Engineers.
- • Maintains weight reduction processes and methods.
- • Review weight data from production and investigate and solve the possible cause of abnormal weight fluctuation.
- • Know and understand regulatory requirements and customer specifications.
ID: Bolsa - 76857
Education: BS in Aeronautical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
Experience: 0-3 years in Engineering
- • CATIA V5
- • Basic knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- • Effective oral and written communications skills
- • Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
- • Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Weight Management experience
- • Royal 4
Description: Entry-level position within field.
Specificity of the job
Travel less than 25%
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Stress Engineer 1Published on 10/17/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Testing
Certification Project ManagerPublished on 10/17/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Testing
Stress Engineer 2Published on 10/17/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Testing