Industrialization Support Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Safran is seeking a highly motivated and results driven New Product Introduction (NPI) Project Leader that will be based at its Cincinnati, OH office. This location is a satellite office of Safran Aircraft Engines, which is headquartered in Paris, France. This position supports all US-based casting suppliers that produce components for the turbine section of jet engines.
- - Project Management skills (Six Sigma training or PMP certification)
- - Experience with investment casting processes and Nickel based alloys
- - Past experience in Aerospace businesses
- - Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications
- - Strong oral and written communication skills
- - Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- - Comfortable in front of Suppliers and their Project Leaders
- - Ability to speak French is preferred
- - Efficient in using of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- - Lead multiple projects through the validation (DVI) phase and create detailed plans to complete them on time.
- - Prepare and present program status updates and staged-gate reviews for senior management
- - Manage the working relationship between cross functional areas of Engineering, Quality, Purchasing and Supply Chain.
- - Lead the preparation of all project qualification documents and support any technical aspects with the engineering team.
- - Develop and maintain key relationships with various Turbine Airfoils suppliers and their individual Purchasing, Quality, Engineering and Supply Chain teams.
- - Follow the accuracy of action plans and milestones given by the Supplier versus the Safran Aircraft Engines project deadlines.
- - Anticipate actions and questions of Suppliers.
- - Ensure that the Supplier is using correct specifications and quality documents.
- - Identify all project drifts and bottlenecks and propose solutions to get back on schedule with the milestone.
- - Implement any metrics or indicators that are deemed necessary to follow industrialization projects.
- - Assess the ability of new suppliers in various areas such as process knowledge, production capacity and ramp-up, ability to manage internal production performance metrics and ability to manage their own subcontractors.
Specificity of the job
Ability to frequently travel (~40%) between various suppliers located in United States and internationally when necessary
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Together with Zodiac Aerospace, Safran has more than 91,000 employees and would have around €21 billion in adjusted revenue (pro forma 2016).
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.