Accounts Receivable Specialist
Employees / Staff
SEDA USA is looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist for the EMS Business Unit (Irvine, CA)
Summary of Job Purpose:
- - Ensure prompt accounts receivable (A/R) collection and accounting, manage customer credit limits.
- - Ensure a good communication with our customers.
- - Proactively communicate with customers to ensure that credit terms are enforced and moneys due and are paid on time.
- - Process customer credit application.
- - Monitor customer credit and communicate to the logistics department the ‘on hold' and ‘prepay' list.
- - Record daily payments to customer accounts – maintain the accounts receivable ledger.
- - Assist customers in setting up Safran as a vendor
- - Track Account aging
- - Monitor and drive action plans to collect moneys internally and externally
- - Work to Stakeholder to remove roadblock in collections of money due to SEDAU
- - Identify and resolve problems and inconsistencies and suggest appropriate corrective procedures.
- - Prepare analysis of accounts as required; perform monthly closings, fiscal year end closings.
- - Communicate and coordinate accounting policies, practices, and procedures with department and company managers reporting agencies, clients, customers, and the public.
- - Must work independently as well as in team environment
- - Ensure a strong level of internal control on payments and cash.
- - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- - Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies
Education / Experience:
- - Accounting: Certificate from college or technical school and related work experience.
- - Intermediate: Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point.
- - Interpersonal skills: good communication, negotiation skills.
- - 2 years experience in Corporate collections
- - ERP: SAP.
- - Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
Skills and abilities:
Knowledge of accounting principles
Ensure prompt accounts receivable (A/R) collection and accounting, manage customer credit limits.
Ensure proper record keeping
Writing (procedures, emails to customers or other partners)
IT skills: office tools and accounting software
Communication (internal and external with suppliers and customers)
Accuracy and rigor, detail-oriented
Ability to analyze, to synthesize
Physical Requirements :
- - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- - Travel required – very little.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Staff AccountantPublished on 12/06/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Director, AccountingPublished on 12/08/2019Brea, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Senior Cost AccountantPublished on 12/05/2019Cypress, United States Regular Full time Finance and management