Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
1) Summary of Job Purpose:
- - In charge of managing the company's technical projects and programs to meet internal and external customer deliverables.
- - Responsible for schedule, cost, and technical performance of organizational programs.
- - Responsible for the achievement of the goals and milestones approved for his/her programs.
- - Manages resources required to conduct projects and programs
- - Partner with internal and external stakeholders from proposal development through first install.
2) Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- - Develops project and program objectives by reviewing proposals and plans and conferring with management.
- - Determines project responsibilities by identifying phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements;
- - Determines specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- - Determines project schedule by studying plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- - Maintains program schedule by monitoring the progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- - Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- - Manages program costs by approving expenditures, administering contractor contracts, monitoring and cost control.
- - Manages risks through risk identification, analysis, and mitigation.
- - Prepares program status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- - Maintains program data base by entering and backing up data.
- - Integrates lessons learned and best practices for optimal performance.
- - Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- - Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- - Maintains efficient, safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- - Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies and regulations requirements. Pro-active in the Safran HSE standards and procedures within their daily work, staying alert to potential safety hazards when learning or implementing something new (skills and/or equipments).
3) Required Competencies:
Education / Experience:
- - Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aeronautics Engineering
- - 2-5 years of experience in Program Management, Project Management or Engineering
- - Experience with Mechanical/Electro-Mechanical Systems or Aircraft systems
- - Experience with civil aviation/aerospace Programs
- - Knowledge of FAA certification and/or processes preferred
- - Budgeting, cost tracking, scheduling, risk management
- - PMP certification preferred
Skills and Abilities:
Time management / Responsiveness
Ability to lead cross-functional teams
Accuracy and rigor, detail oriented
4) Physical Requirements :
- • While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- • The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- • The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- • May be required to travel to the customer's base or any other location relevant to the correct execution of the contract and company's commitment (e.g. key supplier, partner).
- • US citizen, Green card holder or authorization to work in the United States
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.