Sr. Material Handler
Employees / Staff
This position is responsible for the transfer of material, equipment, kits, parts and supplies; facilitating an efficient flow through the Warehouse /assembly area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinates with management and responsible, to gather, analyze, summarize and prepare recommendations regarding operating forecasts
Physically transfers material to Warehouse and Shipping /Receiving work areas or cost centers
Un-Crates or un-packages incoming materials
Pick parts and prepare assembly kits for shipping
Transfers and stores materials and parts within the warehouse
Verifies and maintains stock documentation and performs cycle counts
Uses small hand tools and operate material handling equipment including pallet handlers, skids, and hand trucks
Communicates daily with vendors, customers and fellow associates
Prepares parts and processes all required paperwork for shipments using business system programs SAP /Customs Software
Performs other related tasks as required.
Receive and Inspect Incoming Material
- -While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- -Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This description lists this job's most significant duties, but does not exclude other occasional assignments not mentioned.
Education / Experience:
- -High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- -One (1) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- -May frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds from ground level
- -Work area noise level can be moderate to loud
- -Candidates must have excellent communication skills and able to work in a highly team-oriented and dynamic environment,
- -Fluency in reading and writing of English
- -Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- -This position requires use of information or access to hardware, which is subject to the International Traffic
in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
Skills and Abilities:
Understands the value of collaborating with coworkers.
Customer Service Orientation - Knowledgeable regarding the process of interacting with customers to provide positive experience and issue resolution.
Recognize the importance of staying committed to a course of action once a decision has been made.
Dependability - Understands SAFRAN Group basic rules, policies, and procedures.
Uses elementary software packages (SAP) for basic record keeping purposes.
Understand the importance of remaining compassionate and empathetic when dealing with the problems of others.
Understand elementary techniques used in resolving disagreements.
This description lists this job's most significant duties, but does not exclude other occasional assignments not mentioned
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.
Sr. Procurement ManagerPublished on 12/17/2020Irvine, United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Supplier Performance Regional Manager, AmericasPublished on 01/16/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Supplier Quality EngineerPublished on 01/15/2021Cypress, United States Regular Full time Supply chain