Sr. Product Quality Engineer
Performance et support
Professional, Engineer & Manager
This position is responsible for providing quality objectives for the business unit in accordance with Safran EMS quality policies and procedures and in compliance with applicable contractual requirements. This includes leading a group of engineers, technicians, and/or administrative support employees in one of the following functional areas: Quality Assurance, Quality System Validation, Supply Chain Quality Assurance, or Material Verification.
- • Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) in Mechanical/Electrical/Mechatronics Engineering from an accredited university
- • Previous experience as a Product Quality Engineer for development/sustaining program(s)
- • Previous experience in the automotive/aerospace industry related to advanced product quality planning
- • Expertise in SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- • Ability to travel domestic/international up to 25%
- • Experience as an FAA ODA unit member or capable of getting certified as an FAA ODA unit member
- • ASQ Certified Quality Engineer certification
- • Green/Black belt Six Sigma certification
- • Develop, implement and evaluate Safran and industry Quality Management System and related documentation.
- • Implement and evaluate Safran' product, drawings, and other technical requirements.
- • Ability to implement and evaluate program, contractual, industry, government and/or regulatory requirements.
- • Ability to define, evaluate, and improve process capabilities, as well as train others on the process.
- • SME and mentor of individuals/teams using advanced Quality tools (Lean, Six Sigma, DMAIC, APQP).
- • Develop risk assessment criteria (e.g., likelihood, consequences, risk acceptance).
- • Ability to facilitate and lead a team using root cause analysis (5Whys, Fishbone, FMEA) and corrective/preventive action concepts to resolve high risk/high impact problems/nonconformities.
- • Ability to facilitate and lead teams in data analysis. Develop value-added and actionable information/reports.
- • Maintains a working relationship with key internal peer groups, customer procurement organizations, suppliers and other industry experts to influence behavior.
- • Able to communicate ideas or viewpoints supported by objective data to influence large groups.
- • Act as the liaison between the FAA and RC EMS
Specificity of the job
Up to 25%
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.