Sr Systems Engineer - Performance Analysis
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with a strong multiphysics and mathematical background to take on development responsibilities for pilot control systems, electro-mechanical systems, and related flight control products for the next generation of business, regional, military and air-transport aircraft.
Engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from initial design and requirements capture through manufacture, system testing, and system sustainment. While working in a cross-functional team environment, your tasks will include:
- ● Requirements development and management
- ● Conceptual studies of electro-mechanical architectures
- ● System/Mechanical design, multiphysics modeling, analysis, and review
- ● System steady-state and transient performance assessments and trade studies
- ● System Robustness Evaluation
- ● Verification/Validation/Test planning, development, and execution
- ● Customer interface, coordination, and communication
- ● Coordination with manufacturing operations
- ● Budget and schedule management
- ● Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- ● Experience with mathematical representations and analysis of physical systems using implicit and explicit modeling techniques
- ● Understanding of Statistical distributions and analysis
- ● Extensive knowledge and experience with detailed electro-mechanical systems such as pilot controls, actuators, or other complex mechanical systems.
- ● Strong history of project management/development, continuous improvement, quality assurance, system processes, and environmental qualification
- ● Experience with Matlab/Simulink/Simscape and their application to mechanics and system modeling
- ● Knowledge/experience in the area of feedback control systems, integrated system/interface design
- ● Knowledge/experience in electro-mechanical systems or aerospace mechanical systems
- ● Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using tools such as IBM Rational Rhapsody
- ● Knowledge/experience in aerospace development processes
- ● Proficiency in using DOORS software for Requirements capture and management
- ● Experience with system architecture development using models such as DoDAF
- ● Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- ● This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Sr. Systems Safety EngineerPublished on 10/17/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Sr. Stress EngineerPublished on 10/11/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Testing
Sr. Mechanical EngineerPublished on 10/09/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Mechanics