Sr. Systems Safety Engineer
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
We are looking for a Sr. Systems Safety Engineer to take on system safety responsibilities in the development of pilot control systems, throttle control systems, large actuator, and related flight control products for the next generation of business, regional, military and air-transport aircraft.
Engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from initial design and requirements capture through manufacture and system testing. While working in a cross-functional team environment, daily tasks will include:
- • Perform civil safety assessment process in accordance with ARP4761, including but not limited to, Functional Hazard Assessments (FHAs), Preliminary System Safety Assessments (PSSAs), System Safety Assessments (SSAs), Fault Tree Analysis (FTAs), Common Mode Analyses (CMAs)
- • Support systems, hardware, and software engineering teams in defining system safety requirements during development activity
- • Review of design and development documentation for safety critical equipment
- • Review analysis of peer safety engineers
- • Mentor and train less experienced safety engineers
- • Accountable to team members and organizational leadership for committed work and responsibilities
- • Develop and maintain expertise in assigned areas (program, function, process, technology, etc)
- • Collaborate with customers, stakeholders, and organizational leaders to develop plans
The selected candidate must be motivated to learn at a fast pace, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work autonomously or in a highly interactive team environment.
- • Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- • Working knowledge of ARP4761 and ARP4754A
- • Experience with CAFTA or similar Fault Tree analysis tools
- • Knowledge of aircraft or electronic systems
- • Basic knowledge in reliability engineering theory
- • Effective oral/written communication skills (including technical writing)
Minimum Degree: Bachelors' of Science in an Engineering Discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Aero Engineering, Systems Engineering or other relevant engineering/physics/science discipline.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
Candidates external to Safran: No relocation offered with this position. Only considering candidates within a 50-mile radius of the Safran Electronics and Defense, Avionics USA, LLC Irvine facility.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Systems Safety EngineerPublished on 03/17/2020Irvine, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Sr. Mechanical EngineerPublished on 03/17/2020Irvine, United States Regular Full time Mechanics
Pr. Systems EngineerPublished on 03/17/2020Irvine, United States Regular Full time Mathematics and algorithms