Systems Engineer -Electromechanical Systems
Recherche, conception et développement
Professional, Engineer & Manager
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to take on design, development, and sustaining responsibilities for pilot control systems, electro-mechanical systems, and related flight control products for the next generation of business, regional, military and air-transport aircraft.
Engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from initial design and requirements capture through manufacture, system testing, field support, and system sustainment. While working in a cross-functional team environment, your tasks will include:
- ● Requirements development and management
- ● Conceptual studies of electro-mechanical architectures
- ● System design, multiphysics modeling, analysis, and review
- ● System steady-state and transient performance assessments and trade studies
- ● System Robustness Evaluation
- ● Verification/Validation/Test planning, development, and execution
- ● Customer interface, coordination, and communication
- ● Coordination with manufacturing operations
- ● Budget and schedule management
- ● Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- ● Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- ● This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee.
- ● Knowledge and understanding of systems design
- ● Experience with mathematical representations and analysis of systems using implicit and explicit modeling techniques
- ● Understanding of Statistical distributions and analysis
- ● Ability to execute tasks with effective project, self, and time management
Additional skills a plus:
- ● Knowledge/experiences with electrical, software, or electronic system design, analysis and qualification.
- ● Knowledge/experience with Matlab/Simulink/Simscape and their application to system modeling and design
- ● Knowledge/experience in the area of feedback control systems, integrated system/interface design
- ● Knowledge/experience in electro-mechanical systems or aerospace mechanical systems
- ● Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using tools such as IBM Rational Rhapsody or similar equivalents
- ● Knowledge/experience in aerospace development processes
- ● Proficiency in using DOORS software for Requirements capture and management
- ● Experience with system architecture development
- ● Strong history of project management/development, continuous improvement, quality assurance, system processes, and environmental qualification
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Sr Systems EngineerPublished on 05/17/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Sr. Product Quality EngineerPublished on 05/18/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Quality
Program Integrated SchedulerPublished on 05/17/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Programs