Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Commodity Manager is responsible for supporting the North American strategies on contract negotiations, savings and supply base management for all Indirect Purchasing functions.
- • Customer Oriented
- • Persuasive
- • Assertive
- • Teamwork/Collaborative
- • Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- • Demonstrate initiative and ownership of projects.
- • Strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- • Self-motivated and proactive.
- • At least 5 years of Logistics and Transportation experience
- • Experience with ad hoc reporting, Microsoft Office, advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel a plus
- • Commodity Management
- • Sourcing/Supply Base Development & Management
- • Contract Development & Negotiations
- • Program Management
- • Defines procedures, practices, processes and contract models (in collaboration with Legal) to best market standards for each commodity group
- • Partners with the Senior Management Team and Safran group teams to align purchasing with the overall business strategy
- • Proposes improvements of tools & processes and develop purchasing maturity within the Group, fosters operational excellence
Specificity of the job
Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.