Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Contract Counsel is responsible for supporting the business divisions of Safran USA in the drafting and negotiation of a wide range of commercial contracts. This position supports all stages of the contract negotiation process, from the initial request-for-proposal through signing and closing. This position provides the opportunity to draft and negotiate contracts relating to a diverse set of products, services, customers and suppliers. The Contracts Counsel works closely with the leadership of the sales and purchasing teams for Safran's business divisions.
- • Ability to negotiate, draft, review, and revise contractual documents at a high-volume capacity.
- • Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow.
- • Ability to research compliance issues relating to applicable regulations and law to formulate recommendations to management.
- • Customer-focused with the capacity to resolve moderately complex contracting issues with creative solutions while meeting Safran requirements for risk mitigation.
- • Experience in applying corporate policies and standards in a variety of contractual contexts.
- • Ability to perform multiple assignments simultaneously and to organize and prioritize job duties effectively with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment.
- • Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one and group situations.
- • Ability to systematically analyze potential risk and complex issues, drawing relevant conclusions and implementing appropriate solutions.
- • Business acumen with the ability to recognize risk elements in business transactions and to understand the products or services that are the subject matter of a contract.
- • Ability to interact effectively and in a professional and supportive manner with persons in all job responsibilities and from all backgrounds.
- • Three or more years of combined law firm or in-house experience.
- • Law degree from an accredited law school required.
- • Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations is a plus.
- • Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- • Ability to travel if needed.
- • Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- • Identify and mitigate all business and legal risks in prospective and existing contracts and ensure the necessary internal approvals from management have been obtained.
- • Perform contract negotiations directly with customers and suppliers and support leadership during higher level negotiations.
- • Provide revisions/responses for contracts during the negotiation process.
- • Review and analyze RFPs and customer contractual templates in support of Safran's businesses.
- • Ensure compliance with Safran legal practices and federal and state law.
- • Provide independent analysis of business/contract issues to support decision making.
- • Draft commercial and legal language changes for contractual documents during the negotiation process.
- • Support the performance of existing contracts by interpreting and ensuring compliance with contract provisions.
- • Coordinate contractual review with the appropriate cross-functional leadership in a variety of areas, such as tax, engineering, compliance, insurance and human resources.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Infrastructure and System AdministratorPublished on 07/18/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Data management and IT
Payroll CoordinatorPublished on 07/18/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Information Technology HelpDesk-Desktop SupportPublished on 07/18/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Data management and IT