The Corporate Paralegal is responsible for providing legal assistance and support to Safran USA's internal legal department and Safran USA's related business divisions and affiliates. This position requires the use of judgment and initiative in arranging job details in order to achieve objectives
Duties and Responsibilities:
Preparing and filing of:
- • Board and committee meeting minutes and consents for corporate and subsidiary actions, including election of directors and officers.
- • Various statutory filings, including annual and other reports, formations, mergers, withdrawals, dissolutions, qualifications, and tax filings.
- • Verifying and processing invoices for subsidiary operations (e.g., annual representation charges and routine statutory filings); serving as liaison to outside vendors on assigned projects and ordering documents from secretary of state offices and/or other agencies.
- • Conducting historical research using minute books and other corporate and subsidiary files and materials.
- • Preparing certificates, exhibits, schedules and other documentation as required for closing of financing and other transactions (e.g., mergers, acquisitions, or divestment).
- • Organize and maintain original and virtual minute books through internet based entity management database. Ensures the integrity of all data submitted into the database including verifying, updating, editing and auditing corporate entity information.
- • Prepares, maintains, and distributes vital corporate organizational reports.
- • Assist with contract negotiation, drafting and redlining including preparation of non-disclosure agreements.
- • Create, maintain and administer contract database.
- • Work closely with subsidiaries and affiliates relating to corporate, insurance and export compliance issues with ability to troubleshoot issues in a timely manner.
- • Track and record time in web-based time tracking and billing software.
- • Other tasks as required.
- • Two to three years of applicable work experience.
- • Paralegal certification required.
- • Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- • Experience in database, document and software management (e.g., Concur and Contract Logix).
- • Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- • All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of International Traffic in Arms (ITAR). ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ''Green Card Holder''), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- • Ability to research state law corporate governance issues and propose solutions and action plans.
- • Attention to detail, conscientiousness, keen observation, consistency, reliability and ability to work independently.
- • Ability to perform high quality work in a deadline-based environment.
- • Excellent organization skills, and oral and written communication skills; as well as the capacity to be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- • Ability to meet client, court, government, and attorney deadlines.
- • Being viewed by company attorneys as an important asset.
- • Ability to be a productive and cooperative team member.
- • Ability to interact effectively and in a professional and supportive manner with persons in all job responsibilities and from all backgrounds.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Together with Zodiac Aerospace, Safran has more than 91,000 employees and would have around €21 billion in adjusted revenue (pro forma 2016).
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Contract ManagerPublished on 12/11/2018Irving, United States Regular Full time Legal
Talent Management Associate – Safran UniversityPublished on 12/07/2018Irving, United States Regular Full time Human Resources
Commodity ManagerPublished on 12/06/2018Irving, United States Regular Full time Purchasing