Engineering Development Consultant
Professional, Engineer & Manager
SAFRAN Consulting is an affiliate of SAFRAN and provides internal consulting services in process improvement, change and project management to SAFRAN and its Suppliers. This structure is approximatively 30 people based in France, US and Mexico with a wide range of application in the worldwide footprint of SAFRAN.
Being part of SAFRAN Consulting is an exciting experience to share your expertise in the Aviation and Defense fields, develop new skills and discover the group while in contact with the key decision maker at SAFRAN in North America. It is an open door to other challenging positions in the Group or an expertise path as an internal consultant.
As Consultant for SAFRAN Consulting, you will be responsible for multiple projects in term of quality, cost, and deadlines agreed between the customer and SAFRAN Consulting.
- • Experience in the design and integration of new technologies and production processes
- • Program Management, contract management, project management
- • Experience with outsourcing of development activities
- • Theory and practice of design and industrial workflows such as Lean-Sigma, lean engineering
- • Knowledge of economics (ROI calculation, cost evaluation, design-to-cost or design-to-value projects)
- • Configuration management and system architecture experience
- • Experience in Development and Industrialization of products and services
- • Integration of quality, cost, delivery, robustness and safety requirements across the product development life cycle
- • Experience in Aerospace, and Change Management fields is desired.
- • Prior experience with Zodiac or SAFRAN preferred
- • Knowledge and experience with PROMPT
- • Ability to foster open communication within the zone with company leaders as well as Senior and Executive Level employees
- • Strong sense of customer service
- • Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- • Possess Global & Cultural Awareness
- • Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- • Demonstrate initiative and ownership of projects
- • Strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail
- • Self-motivated and proactive
- • Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- • Ability to influence and guide leadership and employees
- • Fluent In English. French desired
Minimum: BS/BA in Business/Engineering or equivalent
Preferred: MS in Business/ Engineering, MBA or equivalent degree, Product Development, PMP, PMI or similar
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Together with Zodiac Aerospace, Safran has more than 91,000 employees and would have around €21 billion in adjusted revenue (pro forma 2016).
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Change Management and Digital ConsultantPublished on 12/19/2018Irving, United States Regular Full time Continuous improvement
Change Management ConsultantPublished on 12/18/2018Irving, United States Regular Full time Continuous improvement
HR Implementation SpecialistPublished on 03/17/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Human Resources