With more than 200M$ in financial flow, the finance department is composed of 6 people that have an important responsibility to ensure the accuracy, analysis and communication of the books for Safran USA and 6 other hosted companies.
Based in the Headquarter of Safran USA (Irving, Texas), the Financial Analyst will be working directly with the Head of Controlling/Director of Finance to manage and improve the controlling for Safran USA and the hosted companies. The analyst will also be working to streamline the internal processes while dealing with an ever-increasing workload as SAFRAN experiences significant growth, mainly due to the merging of supporting functions between Safran and Zodiac entities in the North America in 2020. It's a fast-moving environment and requires a strong level of comfort with a dynamic pace.
- • Effective Communication Skills (Written and Verbal)
- • Ability to succeed in a team environment
- • Customer service oriented
- • Strong Knowledge of accounting processes, procedures and internal controls
- • Strong research and analysis skills
- • Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- • Excellent organization skills
- • Ability to manage competing priorities
- • Experience in large audit firm or company preferred
- • Proficient in Windows Office tools (PowerPoint; Excel; Visio; Word )
- • Strong experience with Microsoft Great Plains experience is a plus
- • Language: Ability to speak French or Spanish is highly preferred but not required
Education and Experience
- • Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, Master's preferred
- • CPA or CMA Certification helpful
- • Minimum: 5+ years in progressively responsible financial position
Accepting local candidates only*
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
- • Oversee the monthly closing and consolidation process within SAFRAN Group and deliver a complete analysis of financial results, within the deadlines requested by SAFRAN HQ and SAFRAN USA management.
- • Coordinate with the Shared Service Center in charge of our accounting to ensure proper reliability of all accounting information.
- • Assist the Head of Controlling/Director of Finance to build processes to merge supporting functions between Safran and Zodiac entities in the North America
- • Responsible for the financial analysis for the departments of the company:
- - Support departments in the elaboration of their projection
- - Assess organizational performance against the budget, prepare dashboard and coordinate monthly reviews
- - Coordinate with the tax department on tax consolidation matters (more than 25 US integrated entities) to ensure the proper recording of tax consolidation entries in books
- - Responsible for reporting surveys to Census Bureau and Department of Commerce such as data collection from subsidiaries and consolidation
- - Ensure compliance of procedures with legal requirements (SOX) and Group policy
- - Assist other departments/subsidiaries of SAFRAN with any new project or request
- - Conduct continuous improvement actions and system upgrades to streamline the finance department processes
Specificity of the job
- • 10%
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Tax ManagerPublished on 11/07/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Budget InternPublished on 10/24/2019Irving, United States Internship / Student Finance and management
Sr. Financial Analyst (FP&A)Published on 11/21/2019Gainesville, United States Regular Full time Finance and management