International Mobility Specialist
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Mobility Specialist responsible for processing all incoming and outgoing expatriates to/from North America. Work with and manage third party providers to ensure a high level of customer service and compliance. Serve as HR contact and advocate for successful integration of expatriates to new locations.
- • Ensure all necessary actions are taken to successfully and compliantly relocate employees within the company to and from North America.
- • Ensures compliance with legal requirements on immigration issues for international mobility candidates beginning with the assessment through the visa delivery and to port of entry.
- • Draft documents for international assignments, including cost estimates, service agreements, draft of contract, package design (taking into consideration labor law, immigration security and taxes) and French legal documents.
- • Acts as liaison with all affiliate HR Representatives (sending & receiving company) for day-to-day relationships.
- • Administers expatriate contracts.
- • Provides necessary support to employees for cultural assimilation.
- • Reviews payroll and any invoices before approval, works with internal payroll team.
- • Works with external suppliers in order to develop Safran Services, including but not limited to corporate travel agency, benefit providers, cell phone companies, realtors, moving companies, relocation service companies, etc. .
- • Oversees the implementation of Safran North America processes and makes proposals regarding any improvement/update deemed necessary. Ensures compliance to corporate programs and partners with company mobility team in Paris, France.
- • Participate in the development of Safran North America: reporting, activity report, newsletter and help desk.
- • Support the HR department in other employee related activities as requested.
fluent in French (Speaking, Reading, and Writing) is a plus
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field required.
Minimum of 3 years' experience in international mobility or a closely related field.
- • Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the field of expatriate management and international mobility.
- • Knowledgeable in immigration requirements and processes.
- • Familiarity with US labor laws.
- • Excellent Customer Service skills
- • Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills, Microsoft Office Suite skills with strong Microsoft Excel skills
- • Ability to multitask, prioritize work and manage multiple priorities and complex tasks.
- • Ability to build project plans and execute to schedule.
- • Understanding of basic finance functions including billing, allocations, invoicing and budget management.
- • Fluency in French (oral and written) and/or a sound knowledge of French culture are a plus
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Payroll Team LeadPublished on 11/07/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Human Resources
Training Coordinator (VIE) - Safran University North AmericaPublished on 10/16/2019Irving, United States VIE Human Resources
Senior Supplier Quality ManagerPublished on 11/11/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Quality