Manager, Talent Development Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
As the North America Talent Development Manager, you will establish and facilitate a talent culture and strategic plan for the North America Zone based on current and future gaps and opportunities. Your initiatives, programs and learning approaches will align with Safran's business needs and be in tune with our culture. You will define and deliver the North America Talent Development plan which is engaging and most importantly centered around building the capabilities needed to develop and enable our employees for future career success and to meet the needs of the business.
- • Identify talent strengths and gaps within the North America zone
- • Accelerate readiness of high potential talent and bench strength for key roles – creating an engaging, high accountability talent experience
- • Develop and deliver a robust talent development / learning calendar for the North America zone.
- • Partner with internal HR teams and leaders to develop learning modules, programs, and events that ensure we develop and retain key talent
- • Create, and facilitate meetings, webinars, special events, and customized engagements for development
- • Oversee Safran University North America functions to deliver employee training programs (e.g. individual, team, skill-based and management training)
- • Identify current and future learning & capability needs
- • Oversee and develop new Talent Development Initiatives (e.g. Mentor Program, Summer Intern Workshops, Women at Safran)
- • Oversee the Safran Entry Level programs ensuring we attract and select high quality employees
- • Discuss career-pathing options with high-potential employees
- • Administer and monitor the North America PDR campaign
- • Calculate employee engagement metrics, like retention and turnover rates
- • Facilitate open communication and positive relations with Safran corporate leadership
- • Foster open communication within the zone company leaders and HR to increase mobility, talent sharing, and succession planning
- • Develop and implement new initiatives for Equal Opportunity Employment and Diversity
- • Manage a team of less than 7
- • Manage the Talent Management budget
- • Experience building trusting relationships and influencing at senior levels
- • Excellent coaching skills and the ability to motivate and mentor direct reports
- • Ability to consult and coach all levels of employees on career decisions
- • Experience developing Talent Management Programs
- • Ability to make effective presentations and develop influential relationships that will inspire leadership to seek your consultation and partnership to identify world class talent solutions
- • Understanding of global talent management and cultures
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Positive attitude with a customer service spirit
- • Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- • Demonstrate initiative and ownership of projects.
- • Strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- • Self-motivated and proactive.
- • Analytical and problem solving skills.
- • Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel, with emphasis on PowerPoint
Minimum: BA/BS in Human Resources or equivalent.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Together with Zodiac Aerospace, Safran has more than 91,000 employees and would have around €21 billion in adjusted revenue (pro forma 2016).
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Talent Management Associate – Safran UniversityPublished on 01/15/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Human Resources
HR VP of Safran North AmericaPublished on 12/20/2018Irving, United States Regular Full time Human Resources
Human Resources GeneralistPublished on 10/02/2018Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Human Resources