Material Handler and Logistics Specialist
Employees / Staff
Safran USA is looking for talented, enthusiastic people to join our team of highly skilled professionals supporting aircraft engine flight test. We are currently looking for a Part Time or Full-Time Material Handler and Logistics specialist. The position will require 20 to 40 hours per week and will report to the Purchasing Manager. This is a temporary position up to three years or at least until 2022.
- • Receive, inspect, record, store, maintain, retrieve and make available aircraft parts/products and associated paperwork to technicians and staff
- • Ship parts nationally and internationally (create pro-forma invoice, label, pack, record shipment, ensure pick-up or go to drop off location)
- • Maintain accurate inventory of parts and products in stock
- • Track products expiration dates on stock item and re-order as needed;
- • Manages Hazmat material handling and storage in accordance with OSHA regulations
- • Perform any and all physical requirements necessary to lift and move inventory around the warehouse.
- • Operate and maneuver warehouse equipment and any material(s) contained thereon in the manner consistent with the intended purpose of the equipment and the manufacturers' instructions.
- • Maintain the warehouse in an orderly and clean state; follow all Company safety procedures; perform daily safety inspections of storage area and shop for compliance with 5S.
- • Unload delivery vehicles, accurately identifying material, breaking down material, and noting discrepancies
- • Accurately store product to the proper location; the use of light equipment may be required.
- • May perform Delivery/Pick-up Driver duties as needed by operating personal vehicle;
Experience, Educational, and Physical Requirements Minimum:
- • Degree in logistics or 3 years of experience in warehousing and logistics preferred
- • Ability to perform the physical requirements necessary to receive, pick, pack, ship, and move materials throughout the warehouse, including, but not limited to, standing, walking, bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, climbing ladders, cutting wire, and lifting materials weighing up to 75 pounds.
- • Ability to operate and maneuver warehouse equipment
- • Ability to abide by safety instruction and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- • Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel
- • Knowledgeable and experienced in the application of 5S
- • Knowledgeable and experienced in international shipping requirements
- • Ability to be detail oriented, accurate, reliable
- • Ability to be work in a fast paced environment
- • Ability to work without close supervision and thrive in a cross functional environment
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Together with Zodiac Aerospace, Safran has more than 91,000 employees and would have around €21 billion in adjusted revenue (pro forma 2016).
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Supply Chain AnalystPublished on 04/25/2019United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Supply Chain ManagerPublished on 04/22/2019Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Procurement Expeditor 1Published on 04/22/2019Denton (tx), United States Regular Full time Supply chain