Performance et support
Professional, Engineer & Manager
This position is responsible for the overall placement and management of the property and casualty insurance programs behalf of Safran USA for the perimeter of the Safran Businesses in the region focusing on Workers Compensation, with the management of the insurance placements for Auto Liability, and General Liability (excluding aviation), (excluding employee benefits).
The successful candidate will coordinate a network of professionals within the Safran businesses in the region, the insurers and broker agents in order to identify trends and to coordinate information between Health and Safety, Risk and Operations to drive an improvement to the claims portfolio.
1. Specifically for Workers Compensation, oversee and manage all claims related activities including accurate and timely claim reserve setting and granting settlement authority to the various adjusters and attorneys
a. Create and manage a litigation log ensuring senior management has proper insight on significant exposures and matters.
b. Drive resolution of claims at mediations, arbitrations and trials
c. Work with actuaries ensuring proper understanding of claims process improvements and success.
d. Manage claim reviews at the appropriate levels centrally and with the businesses.
e. Negotiate the annual TPA contract and hold the vendor accountable for execution of activities using claims performance guarantees
f. Manage occupational and non-occupational early return to work programs.
2. Ability to help develop local processes and procedures at a regional level for workers compensation claims management
a. Assist in the definition and continuous improvement of the Special Service Instructions
b. Manage access to the RIMS at the correct level for the group businesses and centrally as well as maintaining location codes and contact information for the businesses.
3. Serve as a knowledge leader working with functional areas to identify and minimize claim costs and feeding critical information back to the Health and Safety network within the businesses to share best practices and lessons from past claims.
a. Interact with group businesses in the region for the investigations of causation, record keeping and trend analysis.
b. Identify with the businesses initiatives that could prevent future claims and share this information with the Health and Safety Network within the group businesses in the region.
- -Bachelor Degree.
- -10 years of relevant experience as a combination of insurance, claims review and health and safety aspects.
- -Good knowledge of Risk Information Management Systems.
- -Basic OSHA and EPA understanding.
- -Proficient in Excel.
- -Strong Communication skills, both written and verbal, including experience with creation of effective presentations for varying audience levels
- -Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, balancing priorities effectively in a fast paced environment with different stakeholders (Finance, Legal, HR and the management of the group businesses)
c. Coordinate and assist in the deployment of potential cost mitigation strategies such as nurse hotlines, ergonometric studies and other similar initiatives.
4. Manage, in conjunction with the CFO, the level of the central mutualized deductible reserve, and assist in determining and maintaining the re-billing of insurance to the businesses.
a. Based on the current level of exposure and any changes to the demographic of the group, re-asses the levels of the central reserve and recommend adjustment to the internal billing to maintain adequate reserves.
5. Work closely with the group broker to ensure placement of the group insurance policies, maximizing value through leveraging the size of the portfolio
a. Closely manage and assure coordination of renewals.
b. Analyze and advise the corporate management on the level of coverage and deductibles that are advisable based the market quotes and our history.
c. Ensure that any additional coverage or changes in the group size through eventual M&As and divestitures are properly administered.
d. Coordinate feedback and close coordination with the group's insurance management centrally in France.
6. Attorney / litigation management
a. Coordinate closely with the legal department
b. Assist in the selection of counsel / validation of existing counsel for the group businesses
d. Trial and Hearing notifications
Specificity of the job
Willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Tax DirectorPublished on 06/15/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Industrial ControllerPublished on 06/18/2019Walton , United States Regular Full time Finance and management
International Mobility SpecialistPublished on 06/18/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Human Resources