Strategic Purchasing Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Management– Within the scope of indirect commodities, helps the team in guiding and developing the request for quotations, analyzes supplier responses, negotiations and implementation of the supply base awarded for the sites in the Americas. Is responsible for creating commodity-level strategies and tactics to meet continuity of supply, cost reduction, low cost country sourcing, etc. Works collaboratively with internal customers and the sites management to understand their needs to help the teams to drive strategies in an effective manner. Help define and support the implementation of the preferred panel of suppliers and the awarded suppliers across the sites. Works in collaboration with the teams at the corporate level to ensure alignment and a streamlined approach is enforced. Will lead the development of market intelligence and validate commodity strategies including type of management required by scope: Global, National, Regional, and Local. They will be required to drive and track the achievement of the savings goals. Will be required to provide timely reporting to his/her direct report on strategies, evolution of KPI's, risks and any other pre-established goals set out.
Processes and Improvements– To develop and monitor process applications for sourcing the supply base and monitor the team's performance and adherence to the established processes. Analyze the ongoing processes and determine if these are optimal or require improvements. Communicate the processes to the teams, the departments or sites affected and ensure the adherence of the established processes. Ensure the clear communication of established contracts, upcoming strategies, contacts, roles and responsibilities of the teams to all sites.
Contract Development and Negotiation – Ensure that the teams are establishing contracts with the supply base in liaison with the legal team. Establish training for the buyers to ensure they are thoroughly versed in contract language and procedures to eliminate any potential risks. Guide the team in how they should proceed with contracting certain suppliers based on complexity, commodity, country, risks and strategy. Be able to work closely with the legal team to drive timelines and priorities. Monitor the teams' contract execution and ensure that risks are mitigated and handled effectively.
Program Management– Manages the integration of purchasing functions to the Shared Services Organization in the Americas. These integration programs entail managing the planning and transition of processes and systems over to the IP organization. Working in close coordination with the central integration team and making sure that the projects are on time and mitigating any roadblocks throughout the process. The project management requires a close coordination with the immediate manager, leadership across the various sites and corporate sponsors supporting the project plan.
· Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS)
· Five or more years of related experience
· Previous purchasing experience in a managerial role or buyer role
· Knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP is a plus
· English language is a requirement, Spanish and French is a plus
· Technical knowledge or Engineering background is a plus
· Aerospace & automotive experience is a plus
· Demonstrates knowledge of the procurement and supply chain industry
· Must have Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word & Outlook
· Seeks to understand customer needs and expectations; understands and delivers customer value; promotes open and frequent communications with management, suppliers and customers; and develops partnerships.
· Ability to break down and analyze information and then provide sound judgment and recommendations.
· Takes ownership and acts proactively to make things happen in the organization.
· Ability to interact and adapt communication and style with personnel from all levels of company.
· Targeted and achieved savings: Americas & per affiliate
· Average % of savings achieved
· Contract Implementation rate: global and Americas
· % of global volume covered on contract
· Internal customer satisfaction feedback
· Projects executed on time
· Errors committed in savings tracking tool
Specificity of the job
· 30% - 40%Travel is may be required primarily in the Americas
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Commodity ManagerPublished on 07/11/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Commodity ManagerPublished on 06/06/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Infrastructure and System AdministratorPublished on 07/18/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Data management and IT