Supplier Quality Engineer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Supplier Quality Engineer is a key technical leader responsible for working with Suppliers, Contract Manufactures, Design Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain for the selection of qualified suppliers and improvement of supplier performance to provide a positive impact on the quality of new and existing products.
Minimum: Bachelor's of Science degree from and accredited institution in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Equivalent Discipline)
Minimum: 3 years in supplier quality discipline; Six Sigma and Lean methodology; certified preferred
Preferred: 5+ years in supplier quality discipline; Lean Six Sigma certified; SAP experience preferred but not required
- • Willingness to promote appropriate change and improvement.
- • Ability to work autonomously, prioritize the workload, assess escalation needs.
- • Ability to find and evaluate risks within the supply chain, and propose long term solutions.
- • General familiarity with aerospace manufacturing equipment.
- • Solid understanding of receiving inspection processes including statistical sampling, component measurement techniques, specifications and drawings.
- • Excellent problem resolution, judgment, and decision making skills required with thorough working knowledge of Quality systems methods and practices (DOE, PFMEA, Control Plans, Lean Manufacturing concepts, DMAIC, Root Cause Analysis, etc.).
- • Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities concurrently.
- • Proficient in spreadsheet (report formatting, graphing, formula calculation generation), database, presentation and project management tools (i.e. Excel, Minitab, etc.).
- • Ability to read and understand assembly drawings, schematics, block diagrams and Engineering Change Notices for the purpose of specific inspection criteria and evaluation.
- • Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- • Proficient with a personal computer and selected software applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
Specificity of the job
Must be open to travel as needed (25% -75%).
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Programs Quality EngineerPublished on 11/21/2019Gainesville, United States Regular Full time Quality
Quality Assurance Internal Auditor IIPublished on 11/19/2019Gainesville, United States Regular Full time Quality
Software Quality EngineerPublished on 11/22/2019Twinsburg, United States Regular Full time Quality