Performance et support
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Tax Director will report directly to the CFO, with a functional reporting role to the Tax Director of the parent company in France. Responsible for managing all tax-related activities of the Company for federal, state and local income taxes. Consult the subsidiaries and foreign affiliates on other tax matters on as-needed basis, including sales/use, property, VAT, inbound/outbound investments, and other tax matters. The position may also entail work on projects related to tax planning, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, global mobility, and specific international tax topics. The position also requires frequent coordination with Safran USA's various affiliates, independent accountants, and members of the global tax department. The qualified candidate must possess the ability to work independently in a detail-oriented environment and engage in frequent correspondence with individuals in the finance departments of various Safran USA affiliates.
- • 10 years of broad tax experience in a corporate tax department or consulting firm, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- • Well-rounded experience in federal, state and international taxation.
- • Proven track record of strong leadership in managing a team.
- • Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related business field.
Preferred Education and Experience
- • CPA and/or Master's degree in related fields; JD/LL.M preferred but not required
- • Strong U.S. international tax background
- • Strong OneSource technology experience
- • Big 4 firm experiences preferred but required
- • Direct tax research and oversee the management of all tax-related activities of the Company for federal, state and local income taxes
- • Oversees all tax accounting and provision matters, with direct responsibility for U.S. tax accounting processes and results and responds to auditors
- • Participates in projects on as needed basis with tax-related matters, including M&A due diligence, contracts and HR-related matters
- • Consults the subsidiaries and foreign affiliates on tax matters on as-needed basis, including sales/use, property, VAT, inbound / outbound investments, and other tax matters
- • Manages budget for the tax department for both internal and external functions
- • Oversees all tax-related matters with external tax firm and internal resources and ensures full compliance with tax regulations
- • Directs the development of new tax processes to support ongoing business requirements and create process efficiencies with strong OneSource knowledge
- • Communicates effectively in a complex, detail-oriented environment with non-tax audience
- • Reports directly to the U.S. CFO, with functional reporting obligations to Tax Director of parent company in France
- • Develops management reports for CFO and upper management
- • Manage a team of tax professionals, develops and motivates the performance of employees
Specificity of the job
Some domestic and international travel required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Risk ManagerPublished on 05/19/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Commodity ManagerPublished on 05/20/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Payroll & Payroll Tax Implementation SpecialistPublished on 05/14/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Human Resources