VIE - controlling at Safran USA H/F
Performance et support
Professional, Engineer & Manager
With more that 200M$ in financial flow the controlling department composed of 6 people has an important responsibility to insure the accuracy, analysis and communication of the books for Safran USA and 6 other hosted companies.
Based in the Headquarters of Safran USA (Irving, Texas), the controller will be working directly with the Head of Controlling/Director of Finance to manage and improve the controlling for Safran USA and some other legal entities.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Supervised by the Director of Finance, the VIE will be trained on the monthly closing and then be in charge of the controlling of Safran Human Resources Support and the hosted companies: Monthly closing, payroll accounting, account reconciliations, budget analysis…
2. Answer Finance questions from our customers, HR department team and manager to controllers and CFOs from other Safran companies…
3. Assist the financial controllers with their monthly closings: report accounts to Safran SA, create reporting, account investigation…
4. Make proposal for new tools in order to improve processes: improved excel tools, changes in processes, Implementation of new SharePoint workflows…
5. Be involved in several Continuous Improvement Projects for Safran USA: Lean initiatives, process improvement …
The daily supervision of the VIE will be done by the Director of finance with the help of Safran USA controllers.
The VIE will be integrated within the Finance Team and participate to social events organized within DFW area (Internations and Meetup events, museums, rodeo at Fort Worth, country concerts, Austin festivals, etc). Safran USA Breakfast or lunch organized quarterly.
At the beginning of the VIE, the VIE and the Manager will define the objectives. The VIE will receive direct feedback from the manager, close observation and regular meetings to discuss progress. Based on the quality of the job done, the initiatives and the involvement of the assignee, the VIE may lead other projects. All suggestions or ideas will be welcomed to improve the Finance processes. At the end of the VIE, a meeting will be set up to review the progress during the VIE, the strengths and weaknesses.
Master's degree from a top ranked business school or equivalent in a related field and/or 2 – 5 years of relevant experience in controlling
Ability to provide close attention to detail
Self-starter/entrepreneurial; able to work well without constant direction
Strong analytical skills and proficient in Excel
Fluent in English, Spanish is a plus.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Together with Zodiac Aerospace, Safran has more than 91,000 employees and would have around €21 billion in adjusted revenue (pro forma 2016).
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.