DIVISION VP Program Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The VP Program Management will have direct P&L, and customer satisfaction responsibility for all programs within the Division. This person will lead the Division program management function which is geographically dispersed across several countries. This person will be responsible for applying the Safran PROMPT referential within the Division, collaborating cross functionally to optimize Division program, and driving continuous improvement using company root cause and corrective action processes.
The VP Program Management will report to the Executive Vice President appropriate Cabin DIV.
- • Manages the Division Program managers & oversees the Divisions program management function
- • Responsible for annual performance reviews of direct reports, generating employee development plans, and coaching direct report employees
- • Supports & mentors program managers. Responsible for establishing and maintaining Division program management succession planning & identifying training development needs
- • Business Process Manager for “manage program” process within the Division. Responsible for applying Safran's PROMPT Referential and ensuring Division site level documentation is updated to comply with Safran Cabin Referential (PROMPT Procedures)
- • Implements & monitor standard program performance KPIs (Dashboard) across the Division to ensure appropriate corrective actions are being implemented to improve performance
- • Work with Cabin PMO & other Cabin leaders to identify, share and implement program management best practices & lessons
- • Responsible for Division program performance ( Customer satisfaction, P&L)
- • Responsible for collaborating cross functionally to optimize Division program performance & resolve Division operational issues
- • Able to work with many different leaders, and management styles in an international environment
- • Guides development, review & approval of sales proposals, negotiation plans, and support successful negotiation results
- • Participates in Division strategic planning and aligns program execution strategy & business objectives
- • Responsible for ensuring new Division programs are in line with the Division strategy
- • Primary Division level customer escalation point of contact
- • Acts as customer interface on program issues escalated beyond the Program Manager. Review & approve recovery plans, and help ensure recovery commitments are accomplished
- • Work with the Division leadership to ensure timely resolution of customer issues/concerns which have been escalated
- • Validates & integrates demand from various sites to build the Division S&OP input
- • Defines and manages a governance process to report program performance at the site, Division & Cabin Levels
- • Drives Contract Management to ensure programs are executed in accordance with signed contracts
- • Risk & opportunity Management
- • Works closely with Division risk manager to ensure program management risks & opportunities are properly identified & managed
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Experience: 20 years of program management experience in a commercial aerospace environment required. Experience with lean principles, continuous improvement and transformation management
Computer Skills: Proficient with MS Project, competent with MS Office programs.
Other Skills: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships, Strong leadership and organizational skills, ability to analyze & summarize information, strong financial acumen
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- • Experience with Safran PROMPT
- • Project Management certification (e.g. PMI PMP)
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Senior Customer Support EngineerPublished on 07/16/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Program Buyer IPublished on 07/12/2019Everett, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Lean Six Sigma SpecialistPublished on 07/09/2019Everett, United States Regular Full time Continuous improvement