Greenpoint - Senior Design Engineer - Monuments
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
Creates complex design of aircraft interiors, structures and/or mechanical systems to meet customer criteria, quality standards, FAA requirements, budget and project schedules using Computer Aided Drafting/Design tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- •Designs complex mechanical aircraft interior furnishing, structures, and/or mechanical systems.
- •Ensures designs meet customer criteria, quality standards and FAA requirements.
- •Adheres to budget and project schedules.
- •Provides design guidance and feedback to other engineering personnel.
- •May perform as functional ‘Lead' for group on specific projects.
- •Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
- •Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience required.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- •3D Computer Aided Drafting/Design skills (Inventor and AutoCAD preferred).
- •Ability to check engineering drawings for Fit, Form and Function.
- •Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
- •Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
- •Ability to coach and motivate team of engineers.
- •Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
- •Budget and project management experience required.
- •Experience leading employees/teams in productive and efficient manner.
- •Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- •Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- •Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
- •Ability to travel as required.
- •Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Greenpoint - Senior Design Engineer - InteriorsPublished on 10/15/2019Kirkland, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Greenpoint - Senior Stress EngineerPublished on 10/15/2019Kirkland, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Greenpoint - Senior Mechanical Systems Design EngineerPublished on 10/15/2019Kirkland, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering