Quality Engineer 2
Performance et support
Professional, Engineer & Manager
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Quality Engineer you will have the opportunity to be creative in the improvement of quality processes. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Developing processes, systems, and equipment that ensure the quality, reliability, and system safety of company or procured products and services
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
- • Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field with 3-5 years of experience in Engineering or other related field.
- • General life cycle manufacturing knowledge - Advanced
- • Configuration Management - Advanced
- • Contract structure - Advanced
- • AS9100 – Policy and Procedure - Advanced
- • Root cause corrective action planning - Advanced
- • Model Base Definition - Advanced
- • Auditing – internal/supplier/specific (DPD) - Advanced
- • Sigma/DPMO – Data Reporting - Advanced
- • Group – Team Player - Advanced
- • Technical competence and confidence to present facts favorable and plans for change - Advanced
- • Exact area of expertise, Manufacturing - Advanced
- • Develops processes, systems, and equipment that ensure the quality, reliability, and system safety of company or procured products and services;
- • Provides quality system design and analysis review to validate the integrity of quality decisions that affect products and services;
- • Analyzes contractual, product definition, and specification requirements for the development or modification of methods, procedures, and metrics needed to ensure that quality standards and practices are attained;
- • Analyzes and provides material review dispositions for nonconforming materials, parts, and equipment;
- • Performs scientific evaluations and analyses and processes audits;
- • Tests and approves products, processes, equipment, and measurement systems;
- • Develops and uses statistical methodologies to ensure that specified levels of safety, reliability, and process capability are achieved, maintained, or improved;
- • Ensures that resulting processes provide for configuration management;
- • Participates in design and product reviews to ensure that producibility, inspectability, reliability, safety, Quality System integrity, and business process management objectives are met;
- • Performs such research as benchmarking to industry standards; analyzes and compiles performance reports and process control statistics in order to determine and improve process capability or product quality;
- • Performs root cause analyses;
Specificity of the job
Travel is not required; however, opportunities may present
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.
Quality SupervisorPublished on 03/14/2019Little-rock, Arkansas, United States Regular Full time Quality
Quality EngineerPublished on 03/15/2019Rochester, United States Regular Full time Quality
Technician 1Published on 03/15/2019Little-rock, Arkansas, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair