As one of the SAFRAN Group's high-tech companies, Safran Electrical & Power groups all of SAFRAN's electrical power system businesses for the aviation market, encompassing aircraft electrical systems (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration and support services), along with engineering services for the aerospace, auto and rail sectors.
Already a recognized leader in power electronics, Safran Electrical & Power actively supports Safran's strategy in the fast-growing market for "more electric" aircraft. Safran Electrical & Power is a center of expertise in aircraft electrical wiring interconnection systems (EWIS), power systems, wiring and advanced engineering, making it the world's leading supplier of equipment for "more electric" aircraft.
Safran Electrical & Power's industrial activities are organized to serve our markets and customers with locations throughout the world.
We currently have a position available for four Technicians in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- • This position will perform electrical wire harness modification and repair at partner sites
- • Modification and repair of bundles at partner sites with the following duties
- • Reads instructions such as work orders, diagrams, form boards and wire lists to determine materials needed and sequence of assembly.
- • Rework connectors, back shells, wires terminations, splices, split rings, lugs and any other component built in a Wire Harness
o Route wires
o Change routing/ breakouts
o Perform Electrical Tests
- • Complete associated paperwork
- • Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture
- • Regular, predictable attendance is required
- • Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note for level:
Basic: Incumbent is able to use their knowledge/skill with support by more experienced individuals.
Advanced: Incumbent is able to independently use their knowledge/skill.
Expert: Incumbent is able to train others on their knowledge/skill.
Education and Experience
- • Must be 18 years old with a high school diploma or GED.
- • Must have 0-2 years of wiring experience. Basic wiring experience or a combination of experience and training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- • Basic ability to complete new hire training requirement
- • Basic wiring knowledge
- • Advanced ability to work in a team environment using interpersonal skills
Scope of Responsibility
- • Under close supervision performs modification and repair of bundles at partner sites
- • Work is closely supervised-follows specific, detailed instructions
Planning, Analysis and Problem Solving
- • Basic problem solving
- • Internal contacts, including Area Team Leader, Operations Team Leader, other peers in group and the customer
- • Some may be required depending upon the customer
Safran Electrical & Power offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k, and retirement.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call: 940-272-5707. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Specificity of the job
No travel required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Assembly OperatorPublished on 09/15/2019Walton , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Deburring OperatorPublished on 09/15/2019Walton , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Painter 4Published on 09/13/2019Ontario, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair