Senior Production Fabricator
Performs general fabrication of aircraft interior details through final assembly while supporting production efforts in all aspects to ensure project completion objectives are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- • Performs general fabrication of aircraft interior detail parts and sub-assemblies.
- • Supports production efforts in all aspects to ensure project completion objectives are met.
- • Fabricates detailed components to form assemblies and/or value added tasks to detailed components.
- • Completes assembly of complex structures using sub-assemblies.
- • Operates various fabrication machines and equipment.
- • Performs skilled tasks including trimming and finishing of panels and cabinets, using aluminum trims, dec-lam, leather, and vinyl, etc.
- • Assists in leading a team on projects through completion, as assigned by management.
- • Responsible for assisting in project production planning and layout, organizational set up, progress reporting and departmental coordination to ensure a successful project completion as assigned.
- • Promotes quality craftsmanship.
- • Accurately interprets complex blueprints to complete assemblies.
- • Accurately interprets process specifications from various Greenpoint locations.
- • Assists in ensuring crew is properly equipped to perform assignments.
- • Provides guidance and mentorship to less experienced fabricators.
- • Provides direct feedback to management regarding all project visibility, as assigned.
- • Displays and encourages behavior in alignment with company code of conduct.
- • Works under minimal supervision.
- • Wear safety equipment as required and practices safety guidelines/procedures, including Hazardous Materials guidelines.
- • Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
- • Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Minimum of four years relevant experience in an aerospace production environment. Vocational and technical schooling preferred.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- • Knowledge of all aspects of manufacturing production.
- • Ability to provide timely progress reports on project progress.
- • Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- • Ability to share lessons learned and company processes and procedures with new employees.
- • Ability to read blueprints and documents to specification.
- • Ability to assemble multiple components per drawing.
- • Ability to maintain high quality standards and work within a schedule driven environment.
- • Ability to work with your hands, performing several tasks, such as operating air tools, edge potting panels, potting inserts in panels, riveting, general assembly using hand tools to attach components together, etc.
- • Skills in applying dec-lam, leather, rubber trim, and aluminum trims, etc.
- • Knowledge working with aluminum and nomex materials.
- • Knowledge of aerospace record keeping and related quality standards preferred.
- • Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
- • Ability to travel as required.
- • Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
- • Able to climb and work on step stools and/or ladders.
- • Able to lift 25 lbs. without assistance / Able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
- • Able to reach overhead.
- • Able to work in a non-dust free environment.
- • Normal or corrected vision (required to perform exacting tasks).
- • Full range of motion with both hands.
- • Can work in stooping, kneeling, standing position and in cramped areas.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Print Shop Lead - 1st Shift - SCM MVPublished on 06/14/2021Marysville, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
C4 Operator - 1st Shift - SCM MVPublished on 06/14/2021Marysville, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Resin Application Lead - 1st Shift - SCM MVPublished on 06/14/2021Marysville, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair