Responsible for following all processes and procedures pertaining to the warehouse such as; receiving, shipping, and issuing of parts, materials, and assemblies throughout the facility. Accountable for inventory accuracy including but not limited to; accurate item location, correct placement on the shelve of product, accurate counts, and timely receiving of products from vendors. Performs the necessary computer transactions to match the perpetual inventory to the physical inventory throughout the warehouse and shop. Responsible for timely and accurate cycle counting process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may also be assigned.)
1. Receives material, parts, and equipment into the warehouse ensuring all pertaining documentation is available and scanned as per procedure.
2. Packages product and items for shipment. Fulfills all appropriate shipping documents and packing slips. Completes and verifies paperwork for international shipments, NAFTA, certifications and 8130 form as well as follow DOT regulation when shipping Hazardous Material.
3. Ships finished product, material returns, resale items, and miscellaneous items. Schedules shippers for timely pickup. Coordinates with sales personnel regarding expediting and timing of shipments. Responsible for accuracy of all customer shipments.
4. Picks and issues parts to work orders. Receives completed parts, components, and top level assemblies to the warehouse. Performs all necessary transactions in a timely manner.
5. Performs daily cycle counts of shelf inventory. Organizes inventory, coordinates activities and leads Physical Inventory count teams. Responsible for day-to-day warehouse inventory accuracy and control of material movement.
6. Maintains the physical warehouse in a clean and organized condition. Maintains the company's van and motorized forklift in good condition. Coordinates with management
to ensure safety of stockroom personnel and safe conditions within the warehouse location.
7. Directs and oversees warehouse personnel and temporary helpers in receiving, packaging, shipping, and counting. Coordinates with Shop Floor Supervisor and/or Service Center Manager as well Buyer/Planner in this function.
8. Perform incoming inspection of customer units for the repair process.
a) Knowledge and skills
- • Knowledge in inventory transactions, use of email, internet, basic use of Word and Excel programs.
- • Knowledge in computer skills in a network environment and be able to perform transactions within the business software system.
- • Responsibility, organizational skills, and the ability to work in a fast pace environment
- • Skills in maintaining inventory accuracy due to the importance of shipping accuracy and its impact on customer satisfaction.
- • The position also requires an attitude of support to shop operations as well as engineering requirements.
- • Skills in timing, accuracy, and thoroughness of computer activity and management of paperwork impact other departments and must be adhered to.
b) Education and/or experience
- • 3-5 years of related work experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment. Some supervisory or lead experience helpful.
- • General education should be at the minimum of high school level. Some college and APICS training preferable.
- • Must speak, read and write fluently English
- • Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- • The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- • While performing the duties of this job, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.
Production SupervisorPublished on 06/14/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Print Shop Lead - 1st Shift - SCM MVPublished on 06/14/2021Marysville, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
C4 Operator - 1st Shift - SCM MVPublished on 06/14/2021Marysville, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair