Research, design and development
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Material Handler, you will support operations by supplying necessary goods and parts. You'll have the opportunity to learn the aerospace industry and work with customers. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry, this could be the position for you!
This position works with our engine maintenance crew in Mobile, AL and contributes to our vision by:
- • Performs technical intervention to bring the product back to standard following the airframer or airliner requests.
- • Uses calibrated and uncalibrated tools for assembly/disassembly of engine parts.
- • Reads and understands schematics, electrical prints and mechanical drawings.
- • Assembles mechanical parts/components and installs/removes based on technical data.
- • Ensures all parts, components, assemblies, and interventions are properly documented as required.
- • Demonstrates a high level of quality in all work performed.
- • Works on the flight line where tasks vary based on work to be accomplished.
- • Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture.
- • Works in extreme weather conditions and environments proficiently.
- • Ability to obtain and sustain Operator Self Verification (OSV)
- • Works well individually or with a team.
- • Reports to the Maintenance and Logistic Lead
- • Performs other duties as assigned.
- • Regular, predictable attendance is required
o Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos - Advanced
o Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization - Advanced
o Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals - Advanced
o Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs - Advanced
o Ability to apply common sense - Advanced
o Understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions - Advanced
o Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variable in standardized situations - Advanced
In addition to the requirements listed above the candidate must also possess:
o Technical skills - Advanced
o Judgment - Advanced
o Professionalism - Advanced
o Quality - Advance
o Adaptability - Advanced
o Computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel) - Advanced
o Innovation - Advanced
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use manual dexterity, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and listen. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- • Must be 18 years old with a high school diploma or GED
- • A/P license with a minimum of 3 years engine experience
- • Vocational or technical degree in an aviation or engineering field
- • 2 – 3 years of Avionics Experience is an advantage
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call: 940-272-5707. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Mechanical EngineerPublished on 08/14/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Mechanics
Aeronautical MechanicPublished on 05/07/2019Mobile, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Mechanical Engineer InternPublished on 09/18/2018Grand Prairie, United States Internship / Student Mechanics