Production Scheduler/planner and Logistics Coordinator
Professional, Engineer & Manager
- -Establish realistic short, medium and long term customer supply programs, based on sales forecasts provided and validated by the Programs and Sales departments.
- -Incorporate internal and external constraints (load / capacity balance) to establish these programs, in respect to customer OTD and stock targets communicated by Top Management.
- -Oversee the application of the validated programs
Production Schedule planner
Draw up the Master Production Schedule (MPS)
- - Prepare the MPS by sorting the product families per reference and per source and breaking down the needs per article into time intervals day / week / month depending on the cut-off date (short or medium term),
- - Check the load/capacity balance on critical load units (internal and external) and alert in case of discrepancy,
- - Ensure that the S&OP data (article reference per day / week / month, orders, forecasts,) is incorporated in the ERP,
- - Check the overall coherency of data in the MPS in relation to the aggregated data in the S&OP
- - Validate the data at the end of the process (before launching the MRP)
- - Check the action plan resulting from the previous MRP before launching the MRP
- - Check for consistency of the necessary information (Available stocks, ranges, parts lists, resources,…) before launching the MRP
- - Check the consistency of the completed MRP in relation to requirements, current stocks and targets
- - Repeat the MRP manually if necessary
- - Analyze and make use of the exception messages from the MRP
- - Analyze the impacts of requests for technical changes within their scope of activity and implement the action plan after these requests have been validated
- - Make suggestions for temporary stock solutions to cover the introduction of new sources, and indicate the time required to absorb these stocks
- - Update the data in the different information systems
- - Establish and update the performance indicators for scope of activity
- - Synchronize MRP with the other MRPs
Detailed vision of production processes and their company's supply chain
Proficiency in the MRPII process
Knowledge of business economics
- -Familiar with the information systems used in the Supply Chain: ERP, APS, EDI …
- -Familiar with desktop tools
- -Be capable of communicating clearly and concisely internally and with other departments on their site
- - team player, capable of negotiating with internal contacts.
- -analyze a complex problem involving numerous internal and external contacts, summing up the problem and suggesting solutions
- -Detailed vision of production processes and their workfloor' and sub-contractors' supply chains
- -Knowledge of the MRPII process
- -Basic knowledge of business economics
- -Familiar with information systems: ERP and if possible MES (Manufacturing Execution System)
- - After any necessary modifications have been made, validate the statement of requirements from the MRP relating to internal manufacturing
- - Process exception messages from the MRP, relative to their scope of activity
Carry out the sequencing and launch of internal and external production orders (subcontracting of phases)
- - Launch the production orders
- - Sequence the production orders to reduce non added value time and ongoing production
- - Monitor the closing of production orders to ensure that production schedules are updated and that stock levels are accurate
- - Analyze the internal performance of the workshop in terms of OTDs
Analyze the impact of manufacturing defects and, if necessary, reschedule production orders
Analyze the impact of requests for technical modifications within their scope of activity, and implement the action plan after these requests have been validated
Update the data from the different information systems within the scope of activity
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Nacelles is the world's leading aircraft nacelle manufacturer with over 20,800 pieces of equipment in use and over 125,000 flight hours a day. The company operates on all market segments, from regional aircraft and business jets to the biggest jetliners.