As one of the SAFRAN Group's high-tech companies, Safran Electrical & Power groups all of SAFRAN's electrical power system businesses for the aviation market, encompassing aircraft electrical systems (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration and support services), along with engineering services for the aerospace, auto and rail sectors.
Already a recognized leader in power electronics, Safran Electrical & Power actively supports Safran's strategy in the fast-growing market for "more electric" aircraft. Safran Electrical & Power is a center of expertise in aircraft electrical wiring interconnection systems (EWIS), power systems, wiring and advanced engineering, making it the world's leading supplier of equipment for "more electric" aircraft.
Safran Electrical & Power's industrial activities are organized to serve our markets and customers with locations throughout the world.
Headquartered out of Blagnac, France, our workforce spans over 14,200 talented employees. SAFRAN's workforce includes over 70,000 employees.
We currently have a position available for a Quality Representative in Mobile Alabama.
Performs quality related tasks at customer production and final assembly lines, including inspection, documentation and implementation of corrective actions.
- • Performs quality related tasks at customer production and final assembly lines, including inspection, documentation and implementation of corrective actions.
- • Writes corrective actions and follow up until closure.
- • Records quality findings and update quality metrics.
- • Implements Quality expecations from authorities, engine manufacturers and customers
- • Implements the corrective actions from audits OSAC / Airbus / GE/ Safran Aircraft Engines.
- • Takes part in internal audit process.
- • Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture.
- • Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- • Other duties may be assigned.
- • Must pass visual acuity test for color blindness without corrective lenses and 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses.
- • Knowledge of airworthiness requirements. – Expert
- • Ability to read and understand drawings, manuals, and other technical documentation. - Expert
- • Detailed knowledge of engine equipment. - Expert
- • High degree of accuracy in following technical specifications. - Expert
- • Ability to self-inspect work utilizing strong attention to detail. - Expert
- • Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a tteam environment and represent Safran Electrical & Power to the customer. - Expert
- • Ability to adapt to continuously changing work conditions. - Expert
Education and/or Experience
- • High School Diploma or GED required.
- • Licensed A&P mechanic strongly preferred.
- • Requires 2-5 years of experience in aerospace supporting engines.
- • Stable employment during the past 12 months, a record of continuous employment in recent work history, or is a recent graduate. Good attendance history.
Specificity of the job
Local travel required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.