Antenna Validation Engineer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Safran is an international high-tech group operating in the fields of propulsion and aeronautical equipment, space and defense.
Operating on every continent, the Group employs more than 75,000 people. Comprised of numerous companies, Safran holds, alone or in partnership, leading global or European positions in its markets.
- • Safran Data Systems
Safran Data Systems (SDS), formerly Zodiac Data Systems, is an entity of Safran, present in Europe and the United States. It designs and manufactures a wide range of products and solutions in the areas of edge and ground telemetry, telemetry and space tracking antennas, embedded information processing, data acquisition and recording, satellite control and remote control. SDS employs over 600 people in France, USA and Germany.
Safran Data Systems Inc is a U.S. company, but a wholly owned subsidiary of the Safran Group, that delivers antennas and equipment for on-board and ground telemetry data recording and data acquisition, satellite receivers, satellite radio signal recorders for earth observation and deep space, low earth orbit tracking antennas, mission recorders, flight test recorders, and telemetry antennas.
The company has grown 60% over the last 3 years to now over $40M in annual revenue and we are currently have an opening on our team for an Antenna Validation Engineer. The position will be based at our facility in Norcross GA. And will be performing antenna and RF-related activities mostly in our facility, but with occasional travel to customer locations and at times to France.
Safran/Heim are established brands with significant market share within the commercial, government and Major Range and Test Base Facility (MRTBF) customers and we are looking to add the right person to our team. This is an opportunity to join an established company that is growing strong (over 20% in 2019)-- with lots of opportunity for the Antenna Validation Engineer to contribute to our success.
This is to be based in our U.S. headquarters in the Atlanta metro area and is an exempt position. Travel of less than 25% is anticipated.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- • Performs Safran telemetry and space antenna system integration tests at SDS Inc facility.
- • Provides customer operational support and troubleshooting (phone and email)
- • Provide onsite technical support including acceptance tests, installations, maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting.
- • Install software and perform tests
- • Perform customer training
- • Document customer requirements
- • Write service minutes and test reports
- • Strong interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service experience both internally and externally.
- • Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
- - Knowledge of antennas (radiation diagram, G/T, Voltage Standing Wave Ratio, etc)
- - Three years of directly related experience would be a plus.
- - Knowledge or RF chains (cables, connectors, waveguides, frequency converters, couplers, LNA, etc)
- - Understanding of RF antenna tracking technologies
- - Understanding of position feedback such as encoders and resolvers
- - Understanding of mechanical and electrical drawings
- - Ability to troubleshoot an energized electro- mechanical system
- - Understand basics of receivers, demodulators and recorder functions
- - Proficient use of Windows OS.
- - Ability to work in self-directed environment.
- - Ability to work at height if required.
- - Proficient in Microsoft Office
- - Due to multiple interactions with the teams located in France, a knowledge of European culture and/or language would be a plus.
- - Positive outlook and desire to do what is best for the customer.
Come be a difference maker at our growing company.
The above position description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential job functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of the position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of job functions or requirements. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested. Position responsibilities are subject to change over time in order to accommodate changing organizational needs.
This is an opportunity to join an established company that is growing strong with lots of opportunity for the Antenna Validation Engineer to participate in the success and growth of the company.
SDS Inc is looking for an ambitious individual willing to serve as a key contributing individual to the success of a growing company within a growing international business line.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.
Quality Manager (Safran Aerospace Composites – Rochester)Published on 12/03/2020Rochester, United States Regular Full time Quality
Quality EngineerPublished on 12/03/2020Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Quality
Customer Quality ManagerPublished on 12/02/2020Irvine, United States Regular Full time Quality