System Engineer for Programs
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Safran Data Systems (SDS), formerly Zodiac Data Systems, is an entity of Safran, present in Europe and the United States. It designs and manufactures a wide range of products and solutions in the areas of edge and ground telemetry, embedded information processing, data acquisition and recording, satellite control and remote control. SDS employs over 600 people in France, USA and Germany.
Safran Data Systems Inc is a U.S. company, but a wholly owned subsidiary of the Safran Group, that engages in the antennas and equipment for on-board and ground telemetry including: data acquisition, data recording, satellite receivers, satellite radio signal recorders for earth observation and deep space, low earth orbit tracking antennas, mission recorders, flight test recorders, and telemetry antennas. The company has grown 60% over the last 3 years to now over $40M in annual revenue and we are currently expanding our team with a Systems Engineer for Programs to be the liaison to align customer technical requirements, applications of currently available capabilities, and needed capability development with factory technical roadmaps and development activity. Safran/Heim is an established brand with significant market share within the commercial, government and Major Range and Test Base Facility (MRTBF) customers and we are looking to add the right person to our team. This is an opportunity to join an established company that is growing strong (over 20% in 2019)-- with lots of opportunity for the System Engineer for Programs to define the strategic direction for success with impact on the product technology roadmap and market positioning.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- •Document Customer Requirements
- •Efficiently match/relay customer specific required capabilities with currently available capabilities
- •Coordinate development activities between customer, U.S. team and factories to include cyber security engineering requirements
- •Coordinate RFP and RFQ responses.
- •Strong interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service experience both internally and externally.
- •Ability to lead others by encouraging accuracy and thoroughness in all areas of work; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality, cost savings, and ensure on time delivery.
- •Document and monitor projects for lessons learned during each project and report the lessons to the team
- •Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
- •Responsible for identifying issues of technical and non-technical quality on a company-wide basis as well as within departments.
- •Manage the documentation and ensure proper
This role is to be based in our U.S. headquarters in the Atlanta metro area, but may also be home-based somewhere in the United States. Travel of less than 25% is anticipated.
- - U.S. Citizenship.
- - Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field highly preferred
- - Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- - Experience or willingness to learn about flight test, flight recorders, telemetry systems, data acquisition systems.
- - Demonstrates skill and ability to analyze and develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- - Able to communicate effectively at the highest levels.
- - Experience in project or program management a plus.
- - Knowledge of instrumentation and RF telemetry theory, RF receiver fundamentals and operations a plus.
- - Experience in Aerospace/Defense.
- - U.S. Government Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- - Familiarity with government sales, sales to prime contractors and/or aerospace industry.
- - Ability to work in self-directed environment.
- - Due to multiple interactions with the teams located in France and Germany, a knowledge of European culture and/or language would be a plus.
- - Positive outlook and desire to do what is best for the customer.
The above position description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential job functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of the position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of job functions or requirements. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested. Position responsibilities are subject to change over time in order to accommodate changing organizational needs.
This is an opportunity to join an established company that is growing strong with lots of opportunity for the System Engineer for Programs to participate in the success and growth of the company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Manufacturing Engineer - CMMPublished on 11/16/2018Rochester, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Northeast Region Sales DirectorPublished on 06/19/2020Norcross, United States Regular Full time General Services
Firmware & Software Design EngineerPublished on 07/02/2020Twinsburg, United States Regular Full time Software