Manufacturing Engineer - CMM
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The position is responsible for programming, validating, and troubleshooting automated geometric measurement equipment and measurement processes. Additional responsibilities will include data analysis and process automation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
1.* Program Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMMs) for high volume production inspection using Quindos 7 metrology software
2.* Analyze data using Excel, Minitab, R, Cloud Compare, GOM Inspect and other applicable analysis tools
3.* Troubleshoot CMM operation, data acquisition, and data processing issues
4.* Validate new equipment, programs, and processes including designing and analyzing gage reliability and reproducibility studies
5.* Formalize conclusions in technical notes, written reports, slide presentations and other written and visual formats
6.* Ownership and responsibility for maintaining and improving Overall Equipment Effectiveness measures related to CMM equipment
7. Provide written and verbal feedback to support product non-conformity treatment
8. Write and update operator work instructions and general procedure documents
9. Ensure accurate tracking of program changes through the diligent maintenance of program revision blocks and use of revision control and file management software
10. Manage urgent work deadlines and high profile deliverables in an efficient manner
11. Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement automated solutions
12. Dependent upon business needs, some overtime may be required
13. Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 10% of time
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant technical degree
2. Strong CS skills: Demonstrated ability to write and interpret computer code, including the knowledge and application of key software design principles, data structures, and algorithms
3. Minimum of 2 years of relatable experience in a manufacturing environment
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills
5. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
6. Advanced Microsoft Office skills; Word, Excel, Outlook
7. Self-starter with the ability to deal with ambiguity and work independently under general supervision
8. Ability to meet deadlines while managing conflicting priorities
9. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever-changing manufacturing environment
10. Evidence of competencies demonstrated through completed projects may be presented in lieu of work experience
11. Experience with geometric measurement of complex 3D shapes
12. Experience with Quindos 7 measurement software
13. Experience with the design, application, and troubleshooting of automated systems
14. Ability to read and interpret blueprints
15. Knowledge of and compliance with AS9100C and/or ISO9001 standards
1. Lighting and temperature are adequate.
2. Employee must be regularly required to sit with occasional walking
3. Employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms
4. Protective footwear must be worn in manufacturing areas, approximately 30% of a standard work day
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
5. Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel; talk and hear
6. Regularly required to reach with hands and arms
7. Regularly required to stand and walk
8. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
9. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
10. The work is performed in a plant environment. Employee will be exposed to any number of elements but none present to the extent of being disagreeable
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected characteristics under applicable state or federal laws.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Aircraft Engines designs, develops, manufactures and markets, either on its own or in collaboration with partners, engines for commercial and military aircraft, to the best levels of performance, reliability and environmental friendliness. Through CFM International (a 50:50 JV between Safran Aicraft Engines and GE), the company is also the world leader in short- and medium-haul aircraft propulsion systems.
Manufacturing Engineer - CMMPublished on 11/16/2018Rochester, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Systems Engineer II/IIIPublished on 09/14/2019Carson , United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Quality ManagerPublished on 09/10/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering