Professional, Engineer & Manager
Safran Aerospace Composites is dedicated to the production of 3D woven composite parts, made using the RTM (resin transfer molding) process. The first application of this technology is the production of blades and fan case for the LEAP® engine, developed by CFM International, designed to power the next generation of single-aisle aircraft: therefore we make our employees proud. How? This technology brings less noise and less fuel for aircraft engines which contributes to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. We do it with energy, passion, and curiosity, and we're backed by our rich heritage and culture of innovation. We're looking for exceptional talent to join our Quality Department for a dedicated and honest-minded professional who likes to provide practical solutions. Our QA department focuses on auditing, calibrating, datamining and problem solving of process and products. As the QA engineer, you will interact regularly with suppliers, manufacturing, engineering, and customers to establish, document, evaluate, and disposition product and process performance in accordance with AS9100, internal, and customer requirements. This position reports directly to the Quality Manager, is open immediately and offers a highly competitive salary.
Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
1. Determine product and process data to be collected; collect and use appropriate statistical tools to analyze data and recommend process improvements
2. Develop, implement and maintain processes and procedures for inspection, testing, and evaluating products.
3. Responsible for the management of the non-conformities and actively work at reducing
4. *Prepare process and product qualification and compliance documentation for customer approval in accordance with internal and customer requirements.
5. *Maintain assigned products and processes in compliance with all established internal and customer requirements.
6. *Lead and participate in FMEA, DoE, MSA and 8D activities.
7. *Maintain assigned QMS systems (e.g. calibration, audits, document control, CAPA) for assigned products and processes.
8. Prepare and present reports internally, and to the customer, on process and product status and improvement activities.
9. Conduct appropriate Supplier, QMS, product, and process audits.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in appropriate science, engineering or engineering technology field or three 3+ years of manufacturing experience as a manufacturing engineer, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
2. Experience with lean manufacturing and/or 6 Sigma techniques.
3. Experience in leading FMEAs, DoEs, 8Ds, and analyzing results.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio.
5. Proficiency in SPC methodologies and statistical analysis software, e.g. Minitab, JMP.
6. Extensive experience with AS9100 or ISO 9001 implementation and auditing.
7. Working knowledge of MSA techniques.
8. Excellent oral and written communication skills
9. Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
1. Lighting and temperature are adequate.
2. Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
3. Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected characteristics under applicable state or federal laws.
Specificity of the job
0 to 5%
Safran Aircraft Engines is a world-class engine manufacturer specializing in aeronautical and space propulsion. Within CFM International, Safran Aircraft Engines develops and produces the CFM56, both the best-selling engine of all times and the most reliable engine of its generation in the category of single-aisle aircraft. Its successor, the LEAP, was designed to equip the new-generation of single-aisle aircraft. Thanks to its cutting-edge technologies, the LEAP engine offers a significant reduction in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions in comparison with the CFM56 engines which are currently operating. The entry into service of the LEAP is scheduled for 2016 with the Airbus A320neo.
Safran Aicraft Engines also plays a key role in military propulsion. The company develops and produces the M53 and the M88 engines for the Mirage 2000 and the Rafale fighters. Safran Aircraft Engines offers its civilian and military customers a wide range of services as well as support to optimize aircraft operational availability.
Financial AnalystPublished on 01/15/2019Rochester, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Continuous Improvement (CI) EngineerPublished on 01/15/2019Rochester, United States Regular Full time Continuous improvement
Quality Area Team LeaderPublished on 01/10/2019Denton (tx), United States Regular Full time Quality