Software / Modeling Engineer
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Be a part of an innovative Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) design team in a World class engineering company.
You will act as the Software/Modeling Engineer for gas turbine engine controller(s) for airborne applications. You will work closely with Systems Engineers and hardware designers to define the optimum engine controller logic and interfaces. This team requires innovative and creative thinkers to differentiate the product from our competitors and create value for the customer.
Your main duties will include:
- - Develop and verify control models for airborne Auxiliary Power Units.
- - Coordinate with partner/supplier software teams on hardware-software integration and testing
- - Work with project team to establish software requirements and execute programming and validation of SW in accordance with DO-178C/DO-331
- - Act as primary interface for software integration at the aircraft level
- - Utilize Matlab/Simulink and other tools to develop and validate control requirements and build models for autocoding
- - Support rig and engine testing
- - Manage software documentation
- - Coordinate with other departments and partner software teams to achieve optimization of the design, based on established constraints
- - Build a strong relationship with clients, partners and parent company technical team in a partnership environment
- - BS in Systems or Software Engineering or related subject
- - 5+ years' experience in Software Engineering for aircraft equipment controllers; preferably for APUs or main engines
- - Familiarity with airworthiness rules and aviation standards related to software and model based software development
- - Familiarity with avionics system architecture, DO-178C/DO-331, RTCA and EASA certification requirements and processes
- - Ability to use Matlab/Simulink to create models aligned with the guidelines of DO-178C/DO-331
- - Understand basics of engine control (hardware and software), diagnostics and communications protocols
- - Ability to optimize software/model designs with multiple constraints
- - Good verbal and written communication skills
- - Demonstrated ability to make good decisions related to software development, validation and troubleshooting
- - Creative and innovative problem solver
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.
Jr. Drafter/DesignerPublished on 03/12/2019Twinsburg, United States Regular Full time Software
Customer Support SpecialistPublished on 03/11/2019San Diego, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Designer / Catia DrafterPublished on 03/07/2019San Diego, United States Regular Full time Mechanics