Project Manager - Operations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Project Manager-Operations is responsible for transfer of work and industrialization activities across Safran Cabin sites. The selected Project Manager-Operations will support the deployment of Safran's industrialization standards and their execution on transfer of work projects. He/she will drive standardization of our manufacturing processes across the site in order to reduce time to market and manufacturing costs. This role is also responsible to share performance metrics with the EVP Safran Cabin site.
This position will report to the General Manager. The selected Project Manager-Operations will be based at the site level.
- • Formalize preliminary process flow diagrams (for transfer of work)
- • Analyze ability to manufacture and inspect products and verify target NRC/RC feasibility
- • Conduct and support business case/plan analysis
- • Perform risk analysis
- • Establish preliminary industrialization schedule and preliminary list of requirements
- • Formalize definition characteristics and capability requirements
- • Initiate process capability and capacity study
- • Define control plan
- • Formalize production preparation plan
- • Work out serial production process
- • Evaluate serial production readiness
- • Lead FAI/LAI (First Article Inspection/Last Article Inspection)
- • Perform a production process run at target rate
- • Conduct a production readiness review
- • Periodically record production operational performance
- • Ensure that project milestones and delivery dates are adhered to
- • Ensure company and customer transfer of work processes are followed
- • Facilitate lean events with goals to improve productivity and efficiency
- • Assist with the development of individual program budgets
- • Manage labor costs and expenses
- • Promote a positive working relationship with customers
- • Develop production floor design by examining and understanding product flow and space requirements
- • Collect and record lessons learned from the transfer of work project
- • Forms the bridge between programs, operations, and customer for the transfer of work
- • Lead the integration of the quality system from a sending site to a receiving site (as appropriate)
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Aeronautical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering preferred but equivalent industrial experience will be taken into account.
- • Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in a medium manufacturing environment required.
- • 3-5 years formal management experience required.
- • Experience applying lean manufacturing concepts and tools, including 5S required.
- • Knowledge and experience with AS9100 required.
- • Experience working with MRP/ERP systems
- • Proficiency with MS Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- • Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- • Consistent follow through on all assigned tasks.
- • Broad knowledge of the field with proven management skills.
- • Effective oral and written communications skills
- • Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
- • Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
- • Strong written and verbal business communications abilities, must be comfortable delivering information to all levels of the organization including senior leadership.
- • Strong knowledge of business finance skills and abilities.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Master's degree in Industrial, Aeronautical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- • Prior experience in composites manufacturing strongly preferred. Coursework or certification in lean manufacturing concepts and tools
- • Problem-solving skills (Six Sigma Green Belt, etc.…)
Description: Senior-level project management position within job field
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin.
Maintenance Technician 1Published on 01/05/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time General Services
Production EngineerPublished on 01/04/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Senior HR GeneralistPublished on 12/17/2020Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Human Resources