Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Working with the Program Management team, the Engineering Manager is responsible for, and directs all aspect of Design Engineering and ensures all Engineering projects and processes are in conformance with established policies and procedures to meet or exceed the customer's requirements and expectations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Lead the engineering team and facilitate the communication and interaction amongst all functional representatives, both internal and external.
- • Responsible for all aspects of design engineering including design reviews, new product development, all associated documentation and product manufacturability.
- • Responsible for establishing and maintaining Engineering standards for procedures, drawings, specifications and all other engineering documentation.
- • Assign tasks and projects to the team, gauge progress,
- •Track the Engineering schedule against agreed upon schedules and objectives.
- • Coordinates with customers through sales & program management to identify customer needs and give feedback on proposed solutions.
- • Demonstrates expertise in a wide variety of concepts, practices and procedures, uses extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- • Coordinates new product introduction with the R&T team, Program Management and Sales and according to the Division Strategy.
- • Reports new product / project introduction status to executive staff on an as needed basis.
- • Responsible for development and management of department budgets.
- • Support Programs in achieving customer satisfactions and profitability
- • Develop relationships with our partners and local universities
- • Requires a Bachelor degree in aerospace engineering (or equivalent). Master preferred. Require 10 to 15 years of experience in the aerospace manufacturing industries. Experience/knowledge in the aeronautical maintenance environment will be a plus
- • Fluent in English
- • Ability to understand and follow verbal and written conversations in Spanish and French is a plus
Experience – Technical Skills:
- • 10 + years in the Aeronautics environment.
- • Computer literacy: strong skills with MS Word, Excel and Power Point, CAD would be a plus.
- • Ability to lead multi-functional teams
- • To stay abreast of the latest technologies relating to the design and production of interconnect products
- • Strong problem solving capabilities
- • Electrical & Electronics experience would be a plus in addition strong mechanical principles
- • Ability to work with all Engineering mathematical concepts
- • Ability to create or understand business plans pertaining to NPV & IRR in the creation of capital expenditures
- • Solid understanding of financial costing practices and the ability to maintain and control budgets
- • A positive attitude with team leadership skills are the foremost requirement
- • Goal setting with committed schedules and team follow up
- • Mentoring skills, the ability to give both good and bad news in a positive way
- • Being a positive leader with influential skills across all departments
Specificity of the job
Travel required as needed.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 84,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification & in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
Supply Chain ManagerPublished on 10/16/2020Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Electrical EngineerPublished on 10/13/2020Everett, United States Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Planning & Production ControlPublished on 09/17/2020Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time Supply chain