Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Operations Manager will direct and coordinate all phases of production in order to deliver on-time products to the customers and manufacturing engineering through direct supervision of subordinates and in coordination with support departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- • Coordinates his team with a view to satisfying customers in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD),
- • Negotiates between organizations to develop onload/offload plans and integrated schedules using knowledge of production systems;
- • Monitors and ensures compliance with plans and schedules and reports status to Management and Customers as required;
- • Acts as the focal point for coordination between manufacturing sites regarding work transition;
- • Conducts weekly/daily production meetings to understand progress and track actions;
- • Reviews with Programs / Sales departments customer requirements like contracts, pricing, engineering changes, delivery and quality trends in order to meet customer demands;
- • Assures that the production capacity is sufficient to fulfill customer demand and inventories
- • Identifies and communicates impact items and prepares plans to mitigate impact or recover;
- • Helps manage profitability by monitoring the actual production costs, the product margin and the productivity;
- • Develop metrics, reports, routines to monitor performance;
- • Motivates and leads staff in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling to ensure that desired results are achieved in day-today operations and in meeting mid-to long term strategic goals;
- • Coordinates process improvement activities with Safran + organization, including lean manufacturing, 5s and six sigma initiative
- • Actively participates in quality root cause analysis
2. Manufacturing Engineering roles and responsibilities
- • Supports all Operational Team(s) with Manufacturing Engineering Expertise, including routers, procedures, process compliance, productivity improvements, equipment utilization, innovative tooling/fixtures, and safety solutions.
- • Coordinates the Industrialization of New Products by developing new and/or improving existing manufacturing processes and procedures, design and execute prototypes, fixtures and jigs, specify or design and make specific tools, write all necessary documentation for manufacturing, and train production operators.
- • Sets Engineering goals in support of productivity improvements and communicates status through visual productivity boards. Engages Manufacturing Engineering Team in this activity.
- • Reports new product/ project introduction status to executive staff on an as needed basis.
- • Assists in planning of the Operations financial budget pertaining to Manufacturing Engineering, new equipment/ tools. Plays a key role in determining future fixed asset requirements.
- • Ensures the identification and implementation of advanced manufacturing technologies and improves manufacturing processes in support of the type design
Education and/or Experience
- - Requires a Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering or related field and 5+ years in production management, Engineering, or Project management or combination of education and experience.
- - Prefer 3+ years of wiring and/or machining manufacturing experience.
- - Experienced to use process engineering principles and techniques
- • Knowledge of production resource planning tools (MRP/ERP), production methods (Kanban. 5S, Hoshin,..) and quality tools (QRQC, 8D,…)
- • Knowledge of production systems (e.g, supply chain, engineering, manufacturing, tooling, etc
- • Must have proven analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to effectively motivate both internal and external resources to achieve objectives
- • Effective negotiating skills - Advanced
- • Knowledge of building and equipment maintenance administration - Advanced
- • Must have the ability to lead cross-functional teams
- • Extensive verbal and technical writing skills and excellent presentation skills required
- • Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office packages
- • Proactive, organized and priorities management:- Expert level
Specificity of the job
Minimal Travel required, as needed
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification & in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.